Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

This simply is not correct, since the 1970's the average age of an MP is 50 years of age. According to guidance they are not in the at risk category, those who are at risk should stay home, but lots aren't.

Perhaps he was thinking o the HOL?

45 minutes ago, sime42 said:

I didn't say anything about throwing insults around.

No you didn’t you chipped in as we often disagree, you saw the opportunity and threw a few quips in 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️no problem with that it’s an open forum at the end of the day. Lively, passionate and at times aggressive debate and opinions are what it should be about. Not much fun or validity on a forum where everyone agrees. Things get taken to another level when you are told to go **************** yourself for no good reason or are referred to as stupid or a clown based upon your opinions. Seemed like a few jumped in and passed comment without actually reading what I did and didn’t say. 
Mr Cropper has been asked numerous times to back up the comments in his outburst but alas he has apparently very conveniently spoke his last word on the matter. Regarding the stupid and clown comments I’m sure the penny has dropped by now 😆🤡🤡.   Water off a ducks back bud I learnt a long time ago not to worry too much about other people’s opinions in particular when it’s people  whom I’ve never met and even more so when those opinions are punched out from behind the safety of a keypad. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

Handbags strewn across the floor in here!

Maybe we need a separate thread for covid discussion :vollkommenauf: :laugh1:

In other news, a man on a bike went missing in 2017 on a remote road in the Highlands. Last seen passing the Bridge of Orchy hotel at 23.30. Quite a sad story, never any trace of the man, his bike, or his belongings, the ride was for charity, and the family have never found out what happended.

Bridge of Orchy:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@56.5177734,-4.7686894,3a,75y,187.52h,81.97t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAgFOJl6LsdNp9tssWPRwFw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-GB

Just popped up today that 2 guys have been arrested 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-55514866

Edited by scbk
  • Sad 1

Narcissist in meltdown:

WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Politics
Audio: Trump’s full Jan. 2 call with Ga. secretary of state 
January 3, 2021 | 8:33 PM EDT
In a one-hour phone call on Saturday, Jan. 2, 2021 with Georgia election officials, President Trump insisted he won the state and threatened vague legal consequences if the officials did not act. This audio has been edited to remove the name of an individual about whom the president makes unsubstantiated allegations.
Edited by Mark J

7 hours ago, Johnsond said:

l when you are told to go **************** yourself for no good reason or are referred to as stupid or a clown based upon your opinions. Seemed like a few jumped in and passed comment without actually reading what I did and didn’t say. 

No one told you to go **************** yourself.

16 hours ago, Johnsond said:

I’m no Doctor or expert but this rollercoaster of lockdowns is helping no one in any way shape or form

You genuinely believe no one has been helped by the lockdown? That not one persons life has been saved?

You really don't think that's a pretty stupid statement?

1 hour ago, skyhuck said:

No one told you to go **************** yourself.

The exact quote by mr cropper was who the **************** do you think you are, for which I’m still waiting for him to give me the explanation of where I said the things he reacted too, let’s not argue ****************s here and ****************s there his outburst was out of line. You seem to like the word stupid along with clown which somewhat backfired a bit. Not sure if this is a word you use often at people whom have a different view to you but there are several on here and many more outside of the forum that totally disagree with the lockdown method of dealing with this. Does it reduce infections on a temp basis yes of course it does but at what overall social, economic, health both mental and physical cost and is it sustainable, and invariably the rollercoaster starts again as soon as the lockdown ends. the talk of a 3rd national lockdown would say that the previous 2 have not been enough, Wales has had this lockdown medicine more than anywhere in UK and what has it achieved??. A year into this and we are still being fed the same line to justify it. Andy for example quotes Norway it has had a totally different approach as have others,does that make them stupid !!.  By the way take a look at UK government statistics for average life span, average covid death age and where we are numbers wise for deaths this year/winter as opposed to the previous twenty  you might be very surprised. Although it may not suit the narrative you subscribe too. End of the day as I’ve stated full on debate is fine but whilst I don’t give a flying **************** in reality about you or mr cropper and what you think, you both hit the keyboard buttons hard yesterday based upon nothing more than  me having a different opinion to you both.