Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

20 minutes ago, sime42 said:
WWW.BIRMINGHAMMAIL.CO.UK

A doctor's photo shows 15 ambulances queueing at the doors of A&E at the city's biggest hospital - a sure sign of the terrible pressure they are under

This doesn't look like any other year to me.

Is this just hyperbole again?

Does the Birmingham Mail count as Main Stream Media as well, i.e. not to be trusted?

Thank feck they have a nightingale hospital then :bandit:

NIGHTINGALE-BIRMINGHAM.NHS.UK

2 minutes ago, difflock said:

Wor daughter who has been in the ICU recently said that ALL their Covid paitents in the ICU were well hefty.

Well I do remember the NHS telling us that obesity would be a killer.

How right they were.

With my granddaughter being grossly over weight I have been pleading with her to take more exercise and snack less but she doesn't seem to accept the advice. Mind I also try and clean for another elderly lady who won't do anything to help herself she is getting worse too.

Of course as has been said before our health services have been extending lives of people with underlying health problems  into old age so failing to address this disease  means lots of people are vulnerable.

I mentioned before my primary school friend, 2 years younger than had to be carried out of the house by the fire service as the lady ambulance technicians couldn’t manage. He's 6'4"  doesn't look too large but apparently 18 stone.

He got home and I saw him, his next door neighbour, 62, died in the same ward.

BTW Mark Carney seems to think the government made a decision not to be prepared for a scenario of  a pandemic.

• Like 1

China still seem to be making out they have the virus under control. This email from one of our suppliers earlier suggests otherwise 

98260B43-9B6D-4031-ACF0-DF8CB29D701F.thumb.jpeg.bd45a783df7db2eccc21ebdf96935aca.jpeg

Jeez, what are China like Steve? Next we’ll be hearing that Britain have it under control.[emoji846]
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Then they should have been training them up. Im not entirely convinced this is the entire truth either. Why build them if they cant staff them? Im more inclined to believe that they are simply not needed. 

What are the logistics of flying over trained staff? Im constantly told how badly the UK is handling the crisis, on that basis other countries must be doing vastly better than us to make that claim. As such there must be a plethora of trained staff all over the western world who we could entice over with fat pay cheques. We've blown so much money on nonsense already whats another billion when we could actually save some lives? 

If they weren't needed in the first place I'd like to know who got the contracts to supply the materials to build them.

With my granddaughter being grossly over weight I have been pleading with her to take more exercise and snack less but she doesn't seem to accept the advice. Mind I also try and clean for another elderly lady who won't do anything to help herself she is getting worse too.

Of course as has been said before our health services have been extending lives of people with underlying health problems  into old age so failing to address this disease  means lots of people are vulnerable.

I mentioned before my primary school friend, 2 years younger than had to be carried out of the house by the fire service as the lady ambulance technicians couldn’t manage. He's 6'4"  doesn't look too large but apparently 18 stone.

He got home and I saw him, his next door neighbour, 62, died in the same ward.

BTW Mark Carney seems to think the government made a decision not to be prepared for a scenario of  a pandemic.
Wrt your last statement Openspaceman. I hadn't heard that before. What was the motivation behind that decision to not prepare for a pandemic?

12 hours ago, sime42 said:
WWW.BIRMINGHAMMAIL.CO.UK

A doctor's photo shows 15 ambulances queueing at the doors of A&E at the city's...

This doesn't look like any other year to me.

Is this just hyperbole again?

Does the Birmingham Mail count as Main Stream Media as well, i.e. not to be trusted?

Months ago I put a post up regarding a comment by a workmates mother whom is a consultant cardio vascular surgeon. Her take on the whole nightingale farce was that it was an utter waste of time and money. I remember getting slated by certain members on here for the comments. Anyway regarding the MSM, the coverage is absolutely relentless and predominantly negative to the point of plain and simple fear mongering. The following pics are just a 2 min screen grab session of what pops up on the phone on an hourly basis, news coverage on the TV etc is the same just COVID COVID COVID the same faces are put in front of the camera constantly and individuals like Ferguson with a track record of failure are wheeled out as though they are the ones holding all the answers, lockdown 1.2.3 etc  🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ what a success eh, nearly a year and apparently we still are trying to save the NHS. 

E2E71263-2CCA-4E27-8020-98A628825A03.png

9BC34255-8930-4357-B3BA-5AC556BD50B0.png

0BA22B08-F100-48C3-BAD5-0CD572FC923B.png

2927E792-12B6-4A2D-93BF-6D076E524092.png

E71B556C-C042-4D70-92E2-C19A52845445.png

3AF20D52-35CE-4CBB-AF1F-78F4A8B5BA37.png

DDB33DAB-0ED3-4583-9457-4E4E52949236.png

6A3D6D18-8730-429A-820D-9AA1F116AA99.png

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, sime42 said:

Wrt your last statement Openspaceman. I hadn't heard that before. What was the motivation behind that decision to not prepare for a pandemic?

It's a fleeting comment in his first Reith lecture where he mentions this and not doing enough to combat climate change. Surprisingly he also mentions the need to address growing inequality of wealth. I have not listened to the rest yet.

It worries me when people at the top discuss inequality because to my mind it's not wealth  distribution per se that's the problem but the spending decisions that go with it that effectively means the decision on what to spend money on becomes the province of the very rich and damage to the environment results.

I am reminded of that actress from tutiftuity who stood by that pink boat and spouted about climate change and how she wished she didn't have to fly for her work, of course she didn't need to fly at all but she did in order to retain her position as a rich and famous person and that meant she was willing to pollute more. This sort of decision doesn't worry me , people have always aspired to reach the top, but it results from a financial management system, which has out competed all other ideologies, by not having the constraints of worrying about the fact we exist on a finite planet or the external costs to the commons of air, water climate etc.

Of course man's ability to cause these global problems has only emerged in the last 150 years and only recognised in the last 40.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1