Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

15 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

You are showing either your age or a total lack of base knowledge of the subject in hand. The info you require is easy to source online and many on here whom are or were  shooters will know full well the impact of a succession of firearms amendments starting with semi auto full bore then pistols and recently MARS type eqpt. My point is because it was and is a minority sport it’s easy to chip away at each discipline with relatively little opposition. Death by a thousand cuts and all that regardless of it being one of the safest and most stringently regulated activities an individual can partake in. 

There always has been and always will be more illegal firearms than legal ones floating around. I remember years ago asking a friend of mine, who did a bit of part time keeping work, if he knew of any .22 rifles for sale. He had an illegal one hidden in a tree trunk, the price was nothing really, but I bought one from a licenced dealer in Blanford for a few quid more. Not worth the risk to me for the sake of a few bob. The point I'm making is that the folk who abide by the rules, have secure cabinets etc do get castigised when some nutter runs amok. I'm sure that in the UK it still applies  that you can buy illegal arms in certain pubs without any fuss. Usually the registered owners don't,  as a rule,  turn their  guns on the general public.

Edited by David Cropper

3 minutes ago, Stere said:

Bringing back lynx and wolves would control deer numbers ?

Well it worked in yellowstone keystone species  that controls the whole ecosytem etc.

Not unsurprisingly you forget that we farm livestock in the UK. 

• Like 1

Yes. And we also farm an aweful lot of cannabis in this country, hence large number of unlicensed hand guns about.  Would love to see boar n lynx n pine martens running abt, in all the new tree plantings we are supposed to be doing. Fvvk the ( heavily subsidised) farmers, they always moan. K

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Yes. And we also farm an aweful lot of cannabis in this country, hence large number of unlicensed hand guns about.  Would love to see boar n lynx n pine martens running abt, in all the new tree plantings we are supposed to be doing. Fvvk the ( heavily subsidised) farmers, they always moan. K

Cannabis farms and handguns ?‍♂️?‍♂️You smoking it right now ?? Inner city criminal firearms use is statistically far far more prevalent than anything that occurs in the countryside or rural locations. You need to get that diving holiday booked and get some high PPO2 into you to clear your head. 
The era of predators you describe wandering the countryside is long gone. What was the population of the UK last time we had such animals in the wild as opposed to now??. 
Regarding  subsidies and farmers I’d probs not disagree too much but until we are willing to pay a lot more for food then it’s gonna be that way. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Cannabis farms and handguns ?‍♂️?‍♂️You smoking it right now ?? Inner city criminal firearms use is statistically far far more prevalent than anything that occurs in the countryside or rural locations. You need to get that diving holiday booked and get some high PPO2 into you to clear your head. 
The era of predators you describe wandering the countryside is long gone. What was the population of the UK last time we had such animals in the wild as opposed to now??. 
Regarding  subsidies and farmers I’d probs not disagree too much but until we are willing to pay a lot more for food then it’s gonna be that way. 

No . I work in Rail with random drug and alcohol testing. As anyone would be well aware. K

I think a lot of things changed after Micheal Ryan went bonkers in Hungerford   in 1987 .  I could be wrong but this lead to the withdrawal of any hand guns  and auto rifles and I think the " crimping " of auto and pump shot guns so that you could only load with 3 shells instead of 5 .

• Like 1