Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

4 hours ago, Mark J said:

Aye, there was in influx of right wing 'commentators' who joined arbtalk around brexit time and have hung around since then. There were some before but they eventually got booted out. Not that that there's anything wrong with that.

I wonder if its because I support Brexit that since I joined in 2016 Ive 'won' the most likes in a day 51 times yet you've been (and are) a member since 2007 and have only achieved 9 'wins. 

Kinda a poor show really. 

3 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Saying that Andy is in the Norwegian sector and there’s a lot more women offshore there. Maybe it’s like that there

Its a hard life it really is. :D Last job I was on there was two stunning Blonde 18-21 year old lassies.  Could have walked right off of a Catwalk (the other one :D ) In the Process plant as trainee's. I was asked to fill them in on what I was doing at the Well Heads and use them as I seen fit. Was a grueling few days. 

We where running tracers that can be measured in the parts per million when you have a part per million. 

45 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Ok you have the Chair from here on in Stu ? but and this is my final word to you on this you are I’m afraid to tell you 100% categorically as wrong as it’s possible to be in what you think you perceived about my views on certain matters. It is blatantly obvious I’m not gonna convince you  otherwise for reasons known only to you, hence Ive stopped trying. Those whom know and work with me know who and what I am, you do not. As far as I’m aware these are open forums. 

And there I was thinking you'd finished this malarkey with a one liner and you go and sneak in a five line edited add on!! sneaky f****er! ?

I don't doubt that you're a good colleague and friend, who wouldn't willingly offend those that you work with which is great to know, but as you say it is an open forum so we can all get involved if we see fit.

It is also fair to say that there have been many arguments, disagreements and probably much worse thanks to the use of texts, posts, comments etc and how easily words on a screen can be misinterpreted (I know various people who've fallen out with their family due to just that!)

Those who know me also know that I'm not normally an argumentative twat, or particularly vocal with my opinions (whether they be beige, woke, marxist or anything else),  but sometimes if confronted with something that we disagree with and it seems necessary to make a point most of us are willing to make an exception! ?

Have a good and peaceful weekend!

3 hours ago, Mark J said:
Boris Johnson 2016: There's no plan for no deal because we're going to get a great deal.
Boris Johnson 2019: We've got the deal, it's oven ready, let's get Brexit done.
Boris Johnson 2020: The UK should get ready for no deal.

They have to keep the goons happy though. They need to play charades to keep the plebs who did not vote for brexit somewhat placated. They can now shrug their shoulders and say they tried. 

Brexit won. I never seen or voted for a 'deal'. We voted to leave and as far as Im concerned that's 'no deal' all day long. 

Keep the whining up though, it makes little wins like this all the more sweeter. :)  

• Like 3

Not hard left. I've never been hard left. Left of centre at best. Probably right of centre on some things. Just because I believe in spreading the wealth and encouraging a culture of equality, I'm no Che Guerva.

I notice lately that there doesn’t seem to be any such thing as just either side of centre... you’re either labelled as a hard commie or an out and out nazi.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TIMON said:

I notice lately that there doesn’t seem to be any such thing as just either side of centre... you’re either labelled as a hard commie or an out and out nazi.

I reckon that's partly due to a shifting of the overton window to the right by the media, and then compounded by a strong 'with us or against us' rhetoric.

Divide and rule.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TIMON said:

If that's the case I'm on me own again, I'm left of centre, just. I'm not a commie. Perhaps times have changed?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

I reckon that's partly due to a shifting of the overton window to the right by the media, and then compounded by a strong 'with us or against us' rhetoric.

Divide and rule.

You have to be kidding? 

I guess its very much dependent on the media you chose to consume. With your self confessed haltered of the Tories Id be very surprised if you said you chose to get your fix/feed from any 'right wing' outlets. With the history of the links you post that seems to be the case. 

I find the exact opposite to be the case, but then I dont view any of the sites you link to on a regular basis, the majority not at all. 

So I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle and no where near your laughable musings.