Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

54 minutes ago, Mike Hill said:

Pre the last ban on semi auto's in New Zealand.

Crying shame because the L1 was unfired when I bought it.New Zealand sold it's L1's to the population in 1983  and dad bought a couple and gave the best one to me when I grew up.

The FN FAL was nice but I sold it off since I didn't need two of pretty much the same thing.Both had wooden stocks.

Nice tools, shame a lot of good stuff ended up in crushers due to political gesturing. Mates  got a Lithgow bolt action in 17hmr and rates it very highly. 

I do miss full bore semi auto if I’m honest. 22 rimfire semi whilst good cheap fun and a good training aid especially for the kids ain’t quite the same. I do a bit of PSG and Target Shotgun which is a good buzz, but tend to feel the aches the next day or so afterwards. 

We can still have semi auto centerfires here in Norway,people compete in 3 gun matches too.I hunt with a Molot Vepr.

I might join the sports shooting club because I quite like the idea of "practicle" shooting with a .22 as I can't be arsed reloading hundreds of rounds for a AR15 etc.

18 minutes ago, dumper said:

You guys that have used a sa 80 how much truth is there that the ak 47 outranged it by 2/300 metres 

None at all AK 47/74 family are brutally reliable but the 5.56 is a far better round at longer range. 

SA SUSAT optic is a decent bit of kit too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Hill said:

We can still have semi auto centerfires here in Norway,people compete in 3 gun matches too.I hunt with a Molot Vepr.

I might join the sports shooting club because I quite like the idea of "practicle" shooting with a .22 as I can't be arsed reloading hundreds of rounds for a AR15 etc.

The EU won’t like that mike. No doubt they will squeeze Norway as they have with the Swiss ref full bore semis. 

Edited by Johnsond

1 hour ago, donnk said:

dont really understand all the technobabble on guns, I did read that in WW2 only 15% of all front line soldiers actually shot to kill. 

It was studied post war to try and understand it.

I wonder if getting asked Post-war, " Are you an evil killer"? Might be easier to say , no I was one of those guys who tried to miss. Its the other 85% where where the evil killers.