Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

6 hours ago, Mark J said:

I've just had a letter through saying that I've got a knee operation in a couple of weeks. I have to self isolate for two weeks, then have a covid test two day before the operation (as does the consultant).

It seems like the medical 'experts' think these things are worth doing.

It staggers the imagination that people dismiss science.

Really Mark your imagination was staggered was it ?

Well that’s me utterly convinced based on this enlightenment that everything the experts say is true then ?‍♂️. Problem is Mark a lot of the hysteria around the virus has absolutely no link to medical science as you put it. I’m sure you are well aware of this if not  I’m surprised at such a blatant cynic of government etc as yourself resorting to distorting people’s opinions etc and coming out with such a statement. 

Taking precautions ref infection and hygiene in Hospital's that have dealt with Covid cases is I think a totally worthwhile endeavour, the lockdown of the whole country on the other hand will I think turn out to be a disaster.  

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Well that’s me utterly convinced based on this enlightenment that everything the experts say is true ?‍♂️Problem is Mark a lot of the hysteria around the virus is by no means medical science is it. I’m surprised at such a blatant cynic of government etc as yourself coming out with such a statement. 

Peer reviewed science is the reason you're able to write this ^ comment on the interweb.
Media is powerful unless you critically review it, then you can make an informed choice.
Even then it's powerful, because people don't know how to critically review things. (science).

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

Peer reviewed science is the reason you're able to write this ^ comment on the interweb.
Media is powerful unless you critically review it, then you can make an informed choice.
Even then it's powerful, because people don't know how to critically review things. (science).
You seem really angry all the time about very little.

Lol ? absolute utterly pretentious rubbish. How little you know me Mark. I cherish the freedoms available within the limits of a civilised society we have and utterly disagree with the lockdown for many reasons. Angry over little things ?????thats 
ripe coming from the most vehemently anti tory link posting corbynite zealot on this forum. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mark J said:

You seem really angry all the time about very little.

It’s not actually peer reviewed science Mark it’s a basic review of the statistical evidence past and present that leads me to most of my conclusions. 

26 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

It’s not actually peer reviewed science Mark it’s a basic review of the statistical evidence past and present that leads me to most of my conclusions. 

Ok mate, it's unsuprisingly whizzed over your head. Who do you think wrote the software that runs the gizmo you're typing on? Do you think they may have been experts?

29 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Lol ? absolute utterly pretentious rubbish. How little you know me Mark. I cherish the freedoms available within the limits of a civilised society we have and utterly disagree with the lockdown for many reasons. Angry over little things ?????thats 
ripe coming from the most vehemently anti tory link posting corbynite zealot on this forum. 

You cherish limited freedoms yet you oppose a lockdown?
Explain that to me as I must be having a brain malfunction.

5 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Ok mate, it's unsuprisingly whizzed over your head. Who do you think wrote the software that runs the gizmo you're typing on? Do you think they may have been experts?

You cherish limited freedoms yet you oppose a lockdown?
Explain that to me as I must be having a brain malfunction.

Sorry mark I forgot only yourself is wise to all that goes on around you. As you say it whizzed right over my head ? still looking eh lol. So the technology behind my phone is how you justify the statement ref experts then, probs a few potential gaps in that but if you are happy with that then fine ?
Within all civilised societies we tend to operate inside framework of freedoms of course some are limited by that same society otherwise we would be all running around doing WTF we all wanted. 
“Unsurprisingly whizzed etc”lol ? the implied superiority of intellect is beneath you. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Within all civilised societies we tend to operate inside framework of freedoms of course some are limited by that same society otherwise we would be all running around doing WTF we all wanted. 

So why do you oppose lockdowns then? They evidently work. The Scottish government have done things in your best interests if you go down that path.

Edited by Mark J

40 minutes ago, Mark J said:

So why do you oppose lockdowns then? They evidently work. The Scottish government have done things in your best interests if you go down that path.

I disagree with that statement wholeheartedly. The lockdown will in my humble opinion turn out to be a total catastrophe long term. The Scottish government and SNP act only in the interest of the long term goals of which anyone living up here is well aware. 
The statistics of the virus up here with population and population density etc factored in do not make much different reading to anywhere else. The measures taken are way ott based on the numbers and still Sturgeon hangs onto the grip this gives her over everyday lives even to the extent of dictating at what age a grandchild can hug a grandparent. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Johnsond said:

You ARE   Trigger Andy now ?   admit it !  You have taken on his cloak of bile and crown of spite  , dear god and I thought this tone of posting had ended. K