Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

17 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Ignore him, he said if there wasnt more than 50,000 cases in April it was a hoax, we have 10 times that amount now and still climbing at a ridiculous rate. 

It’s not climbing at a ridiculous rate at all ?‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

Maybe I'm open to different possibilities and willing to give some benefit of the doubt. For me it seems that you're very happy to say they/ you are idiots for doing this that or the other because it didn't turn out as bad as it might've been. 

When there was no compulsion to close/ isolate etc there was also no compensation available for those whose businesses couldn't operate but due to no customers but weren't forced to shut. 

If those with health conditions were able to receive compensation during forced shielding, what about those on the borderline of eligibility. It would end up like universal credit/ sickness benefit issues but potentially with more fatal consequences. 

You are totally not getting the other view that things are not and never were as bad as made out. You create if and but possible scenarios to justify the current situation. I’m happy to think for myself that’s been my argument all along. By the way I’ve had zero as in not a penny off anyone since this started. I stand by what I say as in total blind obedience by the public to state instructions without any question are not a good thing. 
listen you have an opinion as do I. You are obviously more than happy to follow the rules etc. You do that I’ll do what I am within the current limitations imposed upon us. 

• Like 1

On 03/07/2020 at 09:41, Johnsond said:

You just keep believing every single thing the government keeps telling you then there’s a good citizen. Much of what’s happening and going on right now are facts not theories, only thing is the hysterical media etc is not holding anyone genuinely to account rather it’s got a huge part of the population convinced the virus is on every bloody corner waiting to strike them down which it most certainly is not. 

I will keep believing those who are professionals in their field. Those who are still saying we should have locked down earlier and we should still have tighter restrictions in place, these are medical experts who advise the government but their views fall on deaf ears as the government want us back out at work.

You just keep believing that everyone is out to get us. I would rather listen to experts than someone down the pub who just uses their 'common' sense.

Over 11,000,000 infected and over 500,000 dead, imagine what that would be if most of the planet wasnt isolating for the last three months, 10 times, 100 times more?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

190,000 new cases yesterday, compared to 160,000 last week, seems like its climbing to me.

Im talking globally mainly due to those countries not who arent imposing a proper lockdown. It is declining in the UK for now.

Globally ??‍♂️

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

I will keep believing those who are professionals in their field. Those who are still saying we should have locked down earlier and we should still have tighter restrictions in place, these are medical experts who advise the government but their views fall on deaf ears as the government want us back out at work.

You just keep believing that everyone is out to get us. I would rather listen to experts than someone down the pub who just uses their 'common' sense.

Over 11,000,000 infected and over 500,000 dead, imagine what that would be if most of the planet wasnt isolating for the last three months, 10 times, 100 times more?

Good boy ? 

You are going down the ifs and buts route again. 

pubs were closed by the way until yesterday and I never said everyone is out to get us.  I think this virus might be making you a tad paranoid. Warm cup of cocoa shut the curtains, stick to the rules and you will be ok. Sleep tight. 

Edited by Johnsond

21 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Good boy ? 

You are going down the ifs and buts route again. 

pubs were closed by the way until yesterday and I never said everyone is out to get us.  I think this virus might be making you a tad paranoid. Warm cup of cocoa shut the curtains, stick to the rules and you will be ok. Sleep tight. 

Funny that, as it seems that you're more paranoid about whoever it is trying to control our every move and needing to fight against it, but from what you've said it sounds like you've been following most of the rules or guidance that we've been set to live by even though you don't agree with them. 

1 minute ago, Youngstu said:

Funny that, as it seems that you're more paranoid about whoever it is trying to control our every move and needing to fight against it, but from what you've said it sounds like you've been following most of the rules or guidance that we've been set to live by even though you don't agree with them. 

Lol 

don’t worry yourself about what I’ve been doing. 

Trying to think of something positive to come out of all of this.  When a really serious virus comes along, just like in the Hollywood movies, the virus that kills young and old, fit and healthy, then at least we are now slightly more prepared.  Perhaps we might just put a box of masks in a cupboard somewhere or even build that dream log cabin deep in the back woods!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Billhook said:

Trying to think of something positive to come out of all of this.  When a really serious virus comes along, just like in the Hollywood movies, the virus that kills young and old, fit and healthy, then at least we are now slightly more prepared.  Perhaps we might just put a box of masks in a cupboard somewhere or even build that dream log cabin deep in the back woods!

It’s an ill wind that blows nobody any good. As they say.

My Brother in law’s estate agency business has gone into overdrive since the deconfinement due to metropolitan sorts looking to move to the provinces because they want to own a bigger house with a garden, rather than a hugely expensive flat in a city centre. Increased internet capacity and fast rail networks help in that regard as well.

Businesses are realizing that many workers can work from home permanently so the daily commute for many is over for good. More time for family and garden. Better for the environment.

Anyone got any other silver linings?

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1