Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

58 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

. One thing about Farage is you will find him fairly consistent. 

Unlike the ‘knee-jerk’ party politicians that follow (what they perceive to be) the popular trend as a path to re-election and those condemned to perpetual chirping from the fringes, and noting that he certainly isn’t to everyone’s tastes, he HAS been absolutely consistent and unreservedly dodged (against all the odds and the best efforts of the ‘establishment’) in the pursuit of his ideals over the past 30 years. 

I’d challenge anyone to name any 1 other politician that can claim such consistency, determination and effect.

Bonus point if that person has also achieved their aims and maintained their values whilst being ‘in the fringes’ rather than the mainstream.....

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Unlike the ‘knee-jerk’ party politicians that follow (what they perceive to be) the popular trend as a path to re-election and those condemned to perpetual chirping from the fringes, and noting that he certainly isn’t to everyone’s tastes, he HAS been absolutely consistent and unreservedly dodged (against all the odds and the best efforts of the ‘establishment’) in the pursuit of his ideals over the past 30 years. 

I’d challenge anyone to name any 1 other politician that can claim such consistency, determination and effect.

Bonus point if that person has also achieved their aims and maintained their values whilst being ‘in the fringes’ rather than the mainstream.....

Best I can do is George Galloway....

True to his ideals (but not achieved much ‘effect’ (in comparison to Farage.))

• Like 2

In my news feed just now.....

Kanye West running for POTUS.

What makes these people (trump included) think that they would qualify for being any kind of Statesman worthy of a public job! Utter buffoonery in the USA!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stere said:

Covid party yesterday ?

5007.jpg?width=605&quality=45&auto=forma

That picture is a massive kick in the balls to all of the frontline staff who have worked their arses off in hospitals etc keeping everyone safe, fed, and looked after.

when the second spike comes I hope all this lot are ashamed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Youngstu said:

So who's paying that 150k and were you all being paid for quarantining?

It does sound like a massive waste of money and I assume it's considered to be very important by whoever is paying.  

So, if you hadn't all been quarantined and tested then worked in close proximity and someone had brought a special gift for everyone how would that have gone down with all the lads and those fitting the bill, and the HSE or whoever?

I'll agree with you about Farage, he is consistent: consistently divisive, consistently getting himself publicity...

End of the day the cost will always work it’s way back to the end user ie the consumer. 
Regards the test procedure well to pull 32 guys in from all over the country and put them all in a hotel  on one floor for a week and to test halfway through the week etc to me that’s just introducing risk not averting it. I’d been with mrs and two kids at home out in tbe sticks for the whole lockdown apart from shopping etc and the quarantine process actually exposed me to more people than I’d seen for months. Common sense has long since vanished when it comes to people’s reactions and behaviour regarding Covid 19.?People are unjustifiably terrified due to an over hyped media hysteria driven campaign to inflate the risks associated with this virus. Something they have achieved on a scale that when you look at it is unbelievable. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Silverhooker said:

That picture is a massive kick in the balls to all of the frontline staff who have worked their arses off in hospitals etc keeping everyone safe, fed, and looked after.

when the second spike comes I hope all this lot are ashamed.

Grow up man. Safe ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️Safe from what ???  fed ??? I don’t see any evidence of hunger or people starving due to the virus and being rescued by frontline Asda heroes. Looked after ?? Pure rubbish, yes NHS staff have done an outstanding job as they always do under any circumstances but really to use the phrases you have ?‍♂️?‍♂️ What do you thinks being going on in reality ???. You have swallowed the propaganda big time. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Stere said:

Covid party yesterday ?

5007.jpg?width=605&quality=45&auto=forma

Same down the road last night - social responsibility my arse. Pissing in the face of the hard work NHS endured. You must be able to smell my boiling piss as far as  Hawick  ?  K

• Like 2
  • Haha 1