Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, Johnsond said:

I see it’s in the news that Ed Davey the acting leader of the Lib Dem’s has actually bothered his feeble jobsworth arse and written to Kent police about Farages pub visit !!!!. Come on seriously the 14 day thing was just about out plus he has been tested etc and proven to be clear. Is this the calibre or pure wanker that thinks this will buy him brownie points in some people’s eyes. I’m sure the stay at home save the nhs obey every single instruction etc types whom hate Farage for brexit will disagree but as far as I’m concerned Davey has made himself look like a snivelling little grass. 

And if Farage is stupid enough to get himself spotted in another country with a major Covid issue, then fail to follow the required quarantine on his return home so he could have his favourite pub based photo opportunity he can't exactly be surprised to have been "grassed up" by political opponents amongst many others. And deny having broken the rules when the available evidence shows that he did.

If he didn't fair enough, but if he did, testing or not he should have the same consequences as anyone else (fine, slap on the wrist or whatever that may be). 

2 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

And if Farage is stupid enough to get himself spotted in another country with a major Covid issue, then fail to follow the required quarantine on his return home so he could have his favourite pub based photo opportunity he can't exactly be surprised to have been "grassed up" by political opponents amongst many others. And deny having broken the rules when the available evidence shows that he did.

If he didn't fair enough, but if he did, testing or not he should have the same consequences as anyone else (fine, slap on the wrist or whatever that may be). 

Don’t be such a W️, it’s perfectly obvious that very few people actually give a tupenny toss for ‘guidance.’  Who can blame them based on example?

Either ALL (apparent) transgressions (of ‘guidance’) are unacceptable, or NONE of them are.  

Highlighting 1 scenario as being a heinous example whilst simultaneously ignoring others simply exposes the critical as hypocrites. 

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Don’t be such a W️, it’s perfectly obvious that very few people actually give a tupenny toss for ‘guidance.’  Who can blame them based on example?

Either ALL (apparent) transgressions (of ‘guidance’) are unacceptable, or NONE of them are.  

Highlighting 1 scenario as being a heinous example whilst simultaneously ignoring others simply exposes the critical as hypocrites. 
If 

It's beyond bizzare. As another Member said... they are thick as mince. I've nothing academic... but I'm well read. Lots of them are academic, but thick as a brick. A good vet would shoot them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Youngstu said:

Absolute rubbish we are talking about hours if even that. Some jobsworth wankers really need to get a bloody life. Davey in particular has hypocritically refused to say much at all about all the bloody protests going on. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Absolute rubbish we are talking about hours if even that. Some jobsworth wankers really need to get a bloody life. Davey in particular has hypocritically refused to say much at all about all the bloody protests going on. 

But from what I've seen we don't actually seem to know when he returned from his boot licking trip to Texas. It may be hypocritical to criticise a divisive politician whilst not criticising protesting members of the public but you wouldn't expect any more.

I'd imagine that Farage would be critical of the BLM protestors for not following social distancing and putting the health of the country at risk whilst supporting the defenders of statues and the great british public crowding onto already full beaches as it supports his cause.  It's the way it is and someone like Farage will always be a target for criticism (like most politicians and public figures). 

• Confused 1

Only the Hoi polloi suckers need to follow  rules seems to be the take home message projected to the masses by the like of  red trouser smirkers like Farage Cummings and Boris's dad.

Edited by Stere
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Youngstu said:

But from what I've seen we don't actually seem to know when he returned from his boot licking trip to Texas. It may be hypocritical to criticise a divisive politician whilst not criticising protesting members of the public but you wouldn't expect any more.

I'd imagine that Farage would be critical of the BLM protestors for not following social distancing and putting the health of the country at risk whilst supporting the defenders of statues and the great british public crowding onto already full beaches as it supports his cause.  It's the way it is and someone like Farage will always be a target for criticism (like most politicians and public figures). 

Like I’ve said if at all we are talking hours or minutes, Really come on get a bloody grip man do you really know how your argument sounds. He was tested negative, currently I’m on a job that required 7 days quarantine a full Covid test for me and 32 other lads from all over UK which incredibly seeing as the media would have you believe that the virus is waiting on every corner to get you,  we all passed. Cost all in 150k ?‍♂️which in my view was a pure waste of money. But seems like the scare mongers and doom merchants are the ones that get the headlines and set the tone. One thing about Farage is you will find him fairly consistent.  

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stere said:

Only the Hoi polloi suckers need to follow  rules seems to be the take home message projected to the masses by the like of  red trouser smirkers like Farage Cummings and Boris's dad.

Rubbish 

Political opinion not debate on the subject matter at all. As for the pic of the people at the so called Covid party that’s no different to the thousands of bloody protesters that we have seen. Anyway the angle of the picture does not, as seen on here recently give a true indication of the spacing of individual people. My own view by the way is so bloody what, it’s supposed to be a free country, if you want to go out fine, if you want to sit at home terrified that the virus is gonna get you then stay at home. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Like I’ve said if at all we are talking hours or minutes, Really come on get a bloody grip man do you really know how your argument sounds. He was tested negative, currently I’m on a job that required 7 days quarantine a full Covid test for me and 32 other lads from all over UK which incredibly seeing as the media would have you believe that the virus is waiting on every corner to get you,  we all passed. Cost all in 150k ?‍♂️which in my view was a pure waste of money. But seems like the scare mongers and doom merchants are the ones that get the headlines and set the tone. One thing about Farage is you will find him fairly consistent.  

So who's paying that 150k and were you all being paid for quarantining?

It does sound like a massive waste of money and I assume it's considered to be very important by whoever is paying.  

So, if you hadn't all been quarantined and tested then worked in close proximity and someone had brought a special gift for everyone how would that have gone down with all the lads and those fitting the bill, and the HSE or whoever?

I'll agree with you about Farage, he is consistent: consistently divisive, consistently getting himself publicity...

• Confused 1