Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Masks in shops, in England we don't currently have to but if we do then so be it, the government's done a fine job of cocking it all up so far, so a few sticking plasters are a bit late but wouldn't go amiss really to try and reduce further spread now we're 24 hours away from Boris's free for all, good luck reopening.

How did you feel about being forced to wear a seatbelt or motorbike helmet, was that also a removal of your freedoms and rights? What about if they decided cyclists had to wear helmets. Lots choose to anyway after seeing what can  happen if you don't, to protect themselves and/or save others from having to pick up the pieces after a crash. At least we can live in hope that compulsory mask wearing is likely to be a temporary measure to help people to protect themselves and others.  Helmets and seatbelts don't save everyone from the effect of a crash but go some way towards it. If you look at it like masks really, or safety glasses, or ear defenders, or chainsaw gloves, or airbags, or age restrictions on selling knives) fireworks/ alcohol or ..... 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

Masks in shops, in England we don't currently have to but if we do then so be it, the government's done a fine job of cocking it all up so far, so a few sticking plasters are a bit late but wouldn't go amiss really to try and reduce further spread now we're 24 hours away from Boris's free for all, good luck reopening.

How did you feel about being forced to wear a seatbelt or motorbike helmet, was that also a removal of your freedoms and rights? What about if they decided cyclists had to wear helmets. Lots choose to anyway after seeing what can  happen if you don't, to protect themselves and/or save others from having to pick up the pieces after a crash. At least we can live in hope that compulsory mask wearing is likely to be a temporary measure to help people to protect themselves and others.  Helmets and seatbelts don't save everyone from the effect of a crash but go some way towards it. If you look at it like masks really, or safety glasses, or ear defenders, or chainsaw gloves, or airbags, or age restrictions on selling knives) fireworks/ alcohol or ..... 

No,no,no ,no no. All those stupid rules are in place just to supress and control us, it's got nothing to do with saving lives and keeping medical costs down ? 

Those in power get an endorphin hit every time someone belts up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mesterh said:

No,no,no ,no no. All those stupid rules are in place just to supress and control us, it's got nothing to do with saving lives and keeping medical costs down ? 

Those in power get an endorphin hit every time someone belts up.

Keep obeying every rule and don’t think for yourself ?if that suits you fine. Just a little example of the micro management of people that is being imposed. If you think that’s fine that’s your call, me I think it’s going way way too far. As for saving lives and protecting the NHS that’s long since been proven to be complete rubbish. NHS has never been anywhere near overwhelmed, the huge multi million pound purpose built hospitals are empty. Keeping costs down !!! Are you insane ? the cost of this overreaction is off the scale.  
130EC32B-69FE-4F92-96B5-F8C3437B4C0E.thumb.png.46a76a01bf9cac30ff666fdf8d614049.png

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Youngstu said:

wearing a helmet on a motorcycle or a seatbelt have unquestionable statistical and scientific evidence to prove that they save lives so no problem with that at all, whilst wearing a safety helmet on a bicycle is a choice I’d say most definitely it’s a wise choice to do so, but none of the above can in any way be attributed to many of the restrictions applied over the last 100 days plus. As for Boris and the supposed free for all you refer too !!! Would that be people being allowed to think for themselves perhaps ?‍♂️. realistically how long do you think this current insane state of virtual economic paralysis can be sustained for. Great if you are on government or local authority payroll but for millions it’s causing untold misery and mental anguish on a daily basis. 
You keep believing the hysteria and following the rules I’ll use my own judgement based on what I have seen for the past 100 days plus. 

• Like 1

Scotlands idea seems to be   going for total elimination, but Englands idea is less clear seems to be still "contol the virus" &  "save the NHS"

(So  some Covids ok as long as NHS not totally over whelmed until a vacine if there is one) ?

Surely it will just be re imported from UK unless they close the border?

I reckon local lockdowns make sense.

Edited by Stere
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stere said:

Scotlands idea seems to be   going for total elimination, but Englands idea is less clear seems to be still "contol the virus" &  "save the NHS"

(So  some Covids ok as long as NHS not totally over whelmed until a vacine if there is one) ?

Local lock downs do seem to make sense, I just can't see it working.

I live on the border of Suffolk and Essex if 'they' locked either down people will just go over the water to the nearest shops/pub.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stere said:

England population density 

281 per sq km average with a range of a low of 50 and a high of 5700. 
Scotland an average of 65 per sq km

with a range of a low of 8 and a high of 3398. The huge International transport hubs etc played a big part in the spread early on. 
What price has to be paid for the supposed elimination of a virus ??, 1 death yesterday in Scotland with 12 new confirmed cases. If anyone thinks that level of loss/infection is worth the economic catastrophe currently being witnessed in Scotland I’d suggest otherwise. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Youngstu said:

Interestingly, I was reading in a book there was a study in to bicycle helmets, and it found that there was no real benefit to wearing a helmet. The idea is, people wearing a helmet and those around them acted differently and took more risks.

I wear a bicycle helmet, but that's cos I'm reckless :w00t:

I need to try and find out if a midge head net counts as a face covering.