Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

43 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Fair enough, I'll just put this theory in with all the other conspiracy theories then.

You just keep believing every single thing the government keeps telling you then there’s a good citizen. Much of what’s happening and going on right now are facts not theories, only thing is the hysterical media etc is not holding anyone genuinely to account rather it’s got a huge part of the population convinced the virus is on every bloody corner waiting to strike them down which it most certainly is not. 

Edited by Johnsond

I have to wear a mask every day on Public transport to get around or using platforms. It isnt difficult. Its a few quid. Kicking off abt a simple health precaution is juvenile, plus it allows me to shout at people not wearing masks.  K

“Always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever.”
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Khriss said:

@Johnsond   yr in Scotia so its a different kettle of poissone up there,  but yea i will shout at you -  My Train My rules pal  ? K

I’m not your pal I dont use trains and shout if you want but you will be shouted back at. It’s supposedly a free country I dont need jobsworth types telling me what to do. 
As an aside wearing them on a packed train I can see some logic but in a huge supermarket after over 100 days is total stupidity. I don’t think the train will actually be yours by the way. I know train sets etc as a kid were cool but the it’s my train set I’ll do what I want mentality might not be appropriate for a grown man. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

It’s about state control at virtually the tiniest level not being bloody juvenile  and kicking off about that is probs a result of watching everything I’ve worked for virtually disappear over the preceding months due to the ridiculous reaction to this virus. Anyone whom shouts at me about not wearing a totally ineffective masks will be told in no uncertain terms to mind there own bloody business. One thing this hysteria has brought out is the rise of the total jobsworth for sure. Wait and see where the Scottish government approach takes the country in the long term. 

Proper masks are not ineffective  but , all they do is stop you ( the mask wearer ) giving it to someone else . They will not stop you catching it from  air borne  virus as the quickest way into you is through your eyes .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Mesterh said:

Enlighten me then. How does crashing the economy and causing very expensive long term health issues benefit the government at all? What are they controlling without mentioning vaccine, Bill Gates and microchip in the same sentence. 

I would really like to know what this control is, why are they doing it and how are they benefiting from it rather than send us all back to work, get taxed and spend our money to net more tax? Genuine question.

Every government is trying to control this new virus much to theirs and our expense except Brazil and the USA which seems to be going quite well eh.  If your numbers are that low then they must have done something right, just like New Zealand, until they let the Brits back in ?

https://fee.org/articles/modelers-were-astronomically-wrong-in-covid-19-predictions-says-leading-epidemiologist-and-the-world-is-paying-the-price/amp

There is sound reasoning behind some rules.  No booze on trains. A pissed passenger falling on lines (  esp live rails) costs a fortune. A pissed passenger being hit by a train can take driver out of a job ( three strikes an yr out ) wearing a mask to prevent even minor contact is sensible. No failsafe but sensible. I see far too many assholes on trains an i doo shout at them an the BTP deal with them if its severe enuff.  It makes a difference to people to feel a bit safer. Its mine and everyone elses job to do that. K

41 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I’m not your pal I dont use trains and shout if you want but you will be shouted back at. It’s supposedly a free country I dont need jobsworth types telling me what to do. 
As an aside wearing them on a packed train I can see some logic but in a huge supermarket after over 100 days is total stupidity. I don’t think the train will actually be yours by the way. I know train sets etc as a kid were cool but the it’s my train set I’ll do what I want mentality might not be appropriate for a grown man. 

Competent person in Charge  or on Possesion of ?  K