Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Mesterh said:

Ha, more talk of control! 

People sitting at home, getting paid and not spending money in the high street is not the type of control governments want. They want you back in work and out spending money, if there is a lot of dead workers that doesn't happen.

In China life is cheap but they need a lot of people with their nose to the grindstone, hence the strict lockdowns to save lives.

Pure rubbish I’m afraid, before making this statement you obviously have not looked at the Scottish statistics and the political games being played by the SNP. 

• Like 1

Enlighten me then. How does crashing the economy and causing very expensive long term health issues benefit the government at all? What are they controlling without mentioning vaccine, Bill Gates and microchip in the same sentence. 

I would really like to know what this control is, why are they doing it and how are they benefiting from it rather than send us all back to work, get taxed and spend our money to net more tax? Genuine question.

Every government is trying to control this new virus much to theirs and our expense except Brazil and the USA which seems to be going quite well eh.  If your numbers are that low then they must have done something right, just like New Zealand, until they let the Brits back in ?

• Like 6

Enlighten me then. How does crashing the economy and causing very expensive long term health issues benefit the government at all? What are they controlling without mentioning vaccine, Bill Gates and microchip in the same sentence. 

I would really like to know what this control is, why are they doing it and how are they benefiting from it rather than send us all back to work, get taxed and spend our money to net more tax? Genuine question.

Every government is trying to control this new virus much to theirs and our expense except Brazil and the USA which seems to be going quite well eh.  If your numbers are that low then they must have done something right, just like New Zealand, until they let the Brits back in ?

More Rubbish 

Look at the statistics and facts, when the damage caused by the hysteria and over action start to put what the virus has caused into the shade then the last thing we need is more control of what you can and can’t do. Power as I’ve said is addictive hence the likes of Putin now wanting to change the system to allow him to stay. .its not my job to enlighten anyone, try looking at the real figures of what’s not happening in Scotland and then come back and tell me you think the level of government/police regulation and enforcement is justified. Never mind the political games being played with the economy and jobs etc. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Power as I’ve said is addictive hence the likes of Putin now wanting to change the system to allow him to stay.

Even Trump is saying when he gets his second term he could get the constitution changed to allow him more than two terms.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

More Rubbish 

Look at the statistics and facts, when the damage caused by the hysteria and over action start to put what the virus has caused into the shade then the last thing we need is more control of what you can and can’t do. Power as I’ve said is addictive hence the likes of Putin now wanting to change the system to allow him to stay. .its not my job to enlighten anyone, try looking at the real figures of what’s not happening in Scotland and then come back and tell me you think the level of government/police regulation and enforcement is justified. Never mind the political games being played with the economy and jobs etc. 

?

I give up.

You call my comments rubbish then dont explain why yours arent! Hmm, every government except Brazil and USA have got it all wrong then, what silly Billies they all are.

• Like 2

?

I give up.

You call my comments rubbish then dont explain why yours arent! Hmm, every government except Brazil and USA have got it all wrong then, what silly Billies they all are.

It’s my opinion based upon statistics and basic observation skills. Like I say it’s not my job to enlighten anyone. 

• Confused 1

Sometimes it does seem that the Governments want to take more control, but not convinced this is one of them.

Maybe they should have said to wear masks in shops the whole time, but they didn't and with the lack of PPE at the early stages that's possibly understandably. For the last few months we've been told not to go to shops unnecessarily and to maintain a 2m social distance at all times, wearing a mask at this point probably wouldn't achieve much more and the shops were much more empty. Now with shops getting busier and people doing less social distancing maybe this is the right time to enforce mask wearing in shops and other enclosed public spaces. The virus hasn't actually gone away (see USA) but with people travelling widely there is again more opportunity to spread it about. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Johnsond said:

It’s my opinion based upon statistics and basic observation skills. Like I say it’s not my job to enlighten anyone. 

Fair enough, I'll just put this theory in with all the other conspiracy theories then.

I have to wear a mask every day on Public transport to get around or using platforms. It isnt difficult. Its a few quid. Kicking off abt a simple health precaution is juvenile, plus it allows me to shout at people not wearing masks.  K

25 minutes ago, Khriss said:

I have to wear a mask every day on Public transport to get around or using platforms. It isnt difficult. Its a few quid. Kicking off abt a simple health precaution is juvenile, plus it allows me to shout at people not wearing masks.  K

It’s about state control at virtually the tiniest level not being bloody juvenile  and kicking off about that is probs a result of watching everything I’ve worked for virtually disappear over the preceding months due to the ridiculous reaction to this virus. Anyone whom shouts at me about not wearing a totally ineffective masks will be told in no uncertain terms to mind there own bloody business. One thing this hysteria has brought out is the rise of the total jobsworth for sure. Wait and see where the Scottish government approach takes the country in the long term. 

• Haha 1