Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

24 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

You’re viewing it through a rose coloured prism of your own infliction. 

You, or anybody, can be ‘anti’ what ever they fancy, but the assumed ‘weight’ of your ‘anti ness’ does not have a direct relationship to any other person’s antipathy towards your current cause célèbre. 

World would be a better place if everyone focussed more on what matters to them, whether that be assumed guilt / privilege or whatever, rather than presuming to project their own yoke onto others that don’t give a toss and then getting outraged BECAUSE others don’t give a toss. 

You're on one today,

aren't ya?

Edited by eggsarascal

7 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

World would be a better place if everyone focussed more on what matters to them, whether that be assumed guilt / privilege or whatever, rather than presuming to project their own yoke onto others that don’t give a toss and then getting outraged BECAUSE others don’t give a toss. 

And if everyone who believed that legalised racism, homophobia, slavery, sexual discrimination , disability discrimination etc took that attitude, rather than working to change the attitudes of others that "don't give a toss" and in doing so increase the momentum of positive change by sheer volume of numbers pushing against the old ways change would never come. Old ways and traditional behaviour stick around unless people push to change the minds of others.

• Like 2

You’re viewing it through a rose coloured prism of your own infliction. 

You, or anybody, can be ‘anti’ what ever they fancy, but the assumed ‘weight’ of your ‘anti ness’ does not have a direct relationship to any other person’s antipathy towards your current cause célèbre. 

This and Mick’s rant reminded me of this satirical piece I read the other day..

IMG_4591.jpg
  • Haha 2

Oi would fit into the 'White Liberal ' bracket myself - but often appalled at the condescending manner those same , use in their discourse. Ego tends to trump with those people often from a well off background with few manual skills.

Watched a neighbour last night ( white middle class accountant ) try to put together his new enormous gas barbecue,  absolutely no clue at all and felt I should go and help - but hey, learn skills fr yr life to improve . *smirk*  K

• Like 2

Once the computers and machines achieve parity (hell, maybe even dominance) the white collar paper shufflers will be recognised for the value they add to the world - very little - and those with the perpetual faint whiff of penetrating  oil and diesel will be crowned the socket set wielding Champions of humankind!

✊?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Once the computers and machines achieve parity (hell, maybe even dominance) the white collar paper shufflers will be recognised for the value they add to the world - very little - and those with the perpetual faint whiff of penetrating  oil and diesel will be crowned the socket set wielding Champions of humankind!

✊?

I wish

Trouble is you miss the fundamental point about how come some people come to be dominant over others.

3 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Alright....  Keep ya shell on!

Was it because I said “yoke?”

Nah, it seemed like you were in competition with Dempsey for who could rant the most.

I thought I could go on but you've proved  me wrong.

17 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

I wish

Trouble is you miss the fundamental point about how come some people come to be dominant over others.

I’m not so sure it’s a single, fixed point - usefulness (dominance / importance if you like) will shift with changing times. 

I do recognise however that any individuals ability / willingness / capacity to capitalise upon opportunity is grounded in personality and that it is personality which dictates the levels at which some people will exploit others for their own personal gain / advancement. 

For every 1 person that ‘gets on’ there needs to be at least 1 opposite that needs to be exploited. Where we draw the lines is what matters. I don’t mean that in the extreme sense but it is the reality - person A employs person B and pays them a salary (hopefully they are both reasonably content) but person A has to make a profit off person B otherwise nobody puts bread on the table. 

On 22/06/2020 at 23:25, TIMON said:

I know mate...

But...
Gatestone does at least have Palestinian Muslims on the payroll though...

They don’t have much time for the PA or Hamas.... they wouldn’t be able to operate or publish what they see in the areas under PA/Hamas control though. Very short life expectancy an’ all that...

Abbas’ elected term should have been up a decade ago, yet there he is still in power siphoning off millions $$$$ and making a major contribution to the misery of ‘his’ people.

It’s not just Israels fault Mark, surely you can see that Mark?

And this,  possibly a turning point  ( as there is far too many signatories to rubbish ...) 

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Signed by more than 1,000 parliamentarians, it calls for Israel to face "commensurate consequences".

K