Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

3 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It’s utter bollox!

Its like “I can be be outraged and offended by anything that tickles my personal sensitivities but I’ll melt down if anyone:

(a) holds a different view

(b) doesn’t agree with me or

(c) dares to express an alternative or opposing opinion. 

Go get €cked! I don’t care and the sycophantic dripping genitals that have assumed offence on behalf of others can drown in their salty tears for all I care. 

Snowflake.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

What isn't just Israels fault?

Seperate question:
Do you think that a less corrupt political situation would have evolved without the annexation of the West Bank?

Evening Mark,
Not quite sure I understand the question, I wasn’t aware that the proposed annexation has already happened.. so there hasn’t been enough time to anything to evolve as a result.
(Unless you are referring to the former annexation by Jordan?)

Wherever there is conflict, there will always be people who find a way of profiting from it. With that comes inevitable corruption, it’s human nature sadly. There are so many ‘multiple webs of reciprocity’ going on in the Middle East between different nations and players, it’s little wonder that people choose to line their pockets and play for personal power.

If the annexation does go ahead I don’t think it will harm most Israeli-Arab Gulf States relationships at a deep level, they share too many big common interests, for instance, the threat of a nuclear capable Iran increasing its hegemony ... they may make a public ‘noise’ about it but in reality it won’t be too much of a set back.

The truth is, the Palestinian issue is not that high on most Arab states priority lists.. the Palestinians have been used as a stick to beat Israel with for a long time but their usefulness has diminished with the shifting landscape.

I know we hold very different views on the subject.. what would you like to see happen?
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

You’ll find sympathy beteeen ‘shit’ & ‘syphilis’ in the Oxford English Dictionary

???er.

I just had a quick check, I’m fresh out, none on back-order and none due in anytime soon. 

??‍?

Hard fecker, or is that harsh?, a bit of empathy never did anyone wrong.

56 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Evening Mark,
Not quite sure I understand the question, I wasn’t aware that the proposed annexation has already happened.. so there hasn’t been enough time to anything to evolve as a result.
(Unless you are referring to the former annexation by Jordan?)

Wherever there is conflict, there will always be people who find a way of profiting from it. With that comes inevitable corruption, it’s human nature sadly. There are so many ‘multiple webs of reciprocity’ going on in the Middle East between different nations and players, it’s little wonder that people choose to line their pockets and play for personal power.

If the annexation does go ahead I don’t think it will harm most Israeli-Arab Gulf States relationships at a deep level, they share too many big common interests, for instance, the threat of a nuclear capable Iran increasing its hegemony ... they may make a public ‘noise’ about it but in reality it won’t be too much of a set back.

The truth is, the Palestinian issue is not that high on most Arab states priority lists.. the Palestinians have been used as a stick to beat Israel with for a long time but their usefulness has diminished with the shifting landscape.

I know we hold very different views on the subject.. what would you like to see happen?

1967–1994: During the Six-Day War, Israel captured the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, and the Golan Heights, together with the Sinai Peninsula (later traded for peace after the Yom Kippur War). In 1980–81 Israel annexed East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights.

1967–1994: During the Six-Day War, Israel captured the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, and the Golan Heights, together with the Sinai Peninsula (later traded for peace after the Yom Kippur War). In 1980–81 Israel annexed East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights.

IMG_4590.jpg

This is what they were given in 1920 by the League of Nations after Britain took it off Turkey.

41 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

Thought this'd fit in well here!?

"Everyone's too sensitive these days" is literally code for 'I wish I could be racist, homophobic, ableist, sexist etc without getting called out for it.' 

You’re viewing it through a rose coloured prism of your own infliction. 

You, or anybody, can be ‘anti’ what ever they fancy, but the assumed ‘weight’ of your ‘anti ness’ does not have a direct relationship to any other person’s antipathy towards your current cause célèbre. 

World would be a better place if everyone focussed more on what matters to them, whether that be assumed guilt / privilege or whatever, rather than presuming to project their own yoke onto others that don’t give a toss and then getting outraged BECAUSE others don’t give a toss. 

• Like 4