Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, Stere said:

Im sure 6 officers could restrain someone without kneeling on there neck.

Used to do judo yrs ago  and learnt a  load of grounds hold that didn't kill anyone  so its not rocket science, and could hold down someone considereable heavier/bigger.

Also did choke holds & arm locks to force submission tap outs remember one  nutter wouldn't tap out  when i was choking him

Still remember his face was beetroot red ?  scared was gonna kill him.

Don't most holds rely on inflicting pain?

What would you have done if your opponent didn't feel pain? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike Hill said:

I don't know what else could have been done short of shooting the unfortunate Mr Floyd.

A 6 foot 6 inch man hopped up on Meth and Opiates would take quite some stopping I would imagine.

As I understand it he was caught in the process of passing off counterfeit bills,the restraint was a result of him breaking the law once passing the bills,then resisting arrest.

Can any Arbtalk martial arts experts advise on what other methods of restraint that the officer(s) could have used?

Biu Jee finger strike to the eyes, down like a sack of shit, or just shoot him in both ankles.

Edited by The avantgardener

1 hour ago, Stere said:

Plastic rain

ARSTECHNICA.COM

Plastic rain could prove to be a more insidious problem than acid rain.

Seems a huge  potential f**k up if it turns out to be as harmful as some think it may  be....

Well, my take on this latest "the end of the World is nigh" story(regardless of any actual/factual causes for reasonable concern) is

"we just gotta suck it up"

Since there is zilch we can do about the vast amount of plastic already in circulation, nor civilizations absolute reliance on plastic, particularily in these post Covid PPE trashing days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary Prentice said:

Didn't it used to be China or somewhere like that? ? Anyway, as long as it's not in our backyard it wasn't an issue.

Somewhere 'like' China.....??   There is only one place ' like China'  that would be CHINA   ?  ( unless there is a China in Delaware or summat) K