Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

8 hours ago, scbk said:

Crane fail during testing in germany, apparently this was due to be heading over here to the cromarty firth for work on an off shore wind farm

:blink:

if you look closely, you can see the broken hook almost hit the cab as the jib falls backwards

playing Rambo...

A botched attempt to topple the regime of Nicolás Maduro with an invasion using fishing dinghies has ended with two American mercenaries in jail and eight people dead, the Venezuelan government has claimed.

State television showed two dishevelled men, named as Airan Berry, 41, and Luke Denman, 34. Both are understood to have served in the US special forces. They were among 13 people the government says were captured following two landings by small boats along Venezuela’s Caribbean coastline.

“They were playing Rambo. They were playing hero,” said President Maduro, referring to the Hollywood action film series.

1 hour ago, tree-fancier123 said:

playing Rambo...

A botched attempt to topple the regime of Nicolás Maduro with an invasion using fishing dinghies has ended with two American mercenaries in jail and eight people dead, the Venezuelan government has claimed.

State television showed two dishevelled men, named as Airan Berry, 41, and Luke Denman, 34. Both are understood to have served in the US special forces. They were among 13 people the government says were captured following two landings by small boats along Venezuela’s Caribbean coastline.

“They were playing Rambo. They were playing hero,” said President Maduro, referring to the Hollywood action film series.

...... AND Obvs not 'social distancing ' the wankers   ?  K

14 hours ago, TIMON said:

It’s beginning to look like a lot of established firms will be more like ‘start-ups’ once restrictions finally get lifted.

Maybe that will be a good thing if some of the big monopolies are broken.
I think one of the downsides of free-market capitalism is that eventually the big corporations swallow everything up.

Amazon being a case in point. I’ll be buying as little as I can through them, and as much as I can from the local high st once the lockdown is over

I've gone out of my way over the years to not use Amazon and support local and national business where possible I've sometimes paid a little, and only a little, more for things but the thought that i'm supporting real people and their families more than compensates.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Silverhooker said:

I've gone out of my way over the years to not use Amazon and support local and national business where possible I've sometimes paid a little, and only a little, more for things but the thought that i'm supporting real people and their families more than compensates.

Same here,  our local tool shop does a pretty good job of price matching small machinery purchases.  Having had trouble with deliveries in the past, having it delivered to the shop, unboxed, set up and a call when ready to collect (plus after sales if required) is well worth the couple of £s difference from spending hours online trying to shave £10 off the price. 

• Like 4

playing Rambo...

Shame it didn’t work...... it’s way past time that narco-criminal was removed..

9 hours ago, Craig Johnson said:

if you look closely, you can see the broken hook almost hit the cab as the jib falls backwards

Definitely a colossal FU for sure and not like a top line manufacturer like leibher to get it that wrong, hook failed at 2600t on a test lift combine the whip back and the fact the vessel was heavily ballasted to compensate for the lift ended up with the jib coming over the top of the crane etc etc. I see the first of the jackets have arrived in Nigg manufactured in UAE to be shipped here 100 of them ??. Such a disgrace that a UK firm could not have done the work with the resultant benefits to this country and for that matter why are we letting overseas firms benefit from a Uk wide resource etc etc . I despair at the people running the show at times.  Before anyone says about cost etc I’ve seen ship and fab yard conditions in the Middle East and the predominantly foreign workforce etc. UK taxpayers will end up lining pockets of a foreign company yet again. Pretty much a common occurrence within the renewables industry. 

A88C20C9-7491-4BF1-A083-0910D0325678.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1