Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

15 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Not everyone is on anywhere near that and as Andy will say that’s not quite the reality of the situation, taxation in the Norwegian sector in Andy’s  case for example is eye watering. There is a huge misconception that oil and gas equals loads of money, unfortunately in the UK sector that is not the case. You are right in as much as many are in the same boat so to speak. I’m pretty much convinced now that the cure is gonna be worse than the virus. 

I know, Norway eh ??  huge  in vestment in well being, good standard of living and sound trading relations with the World, which they didnt have when they were selling just logs , oil n gas just don't do it as well as timber export, cunts eh - wot are they thinking ! K

Edited by Khriss
Might just take my Igland 4000 over there n show em how they can turn it around again ?

55 minutes ago, Khriss said:

I know, Norway eh ??  huge  in vestment in well being, good standard of living and sound trading relations with the World, which they didnt have when they were selling just logs , oil n gas just don't do it as well as timber export, cunts eh - wot are they thinking ! K

Preaching to the converted there I can assure you ?‍♂️. I’ve worked for Norwegian outfits and the difference is night and day. I agree with everything you say but unfortunately as I said in the same post we have to live with a full on capitalist ideal in UK sector, basically a handful of companies are giving a fuck and doing it right the rest are just there to rape it for max profit min expenditure. My point was the rate that Andy mentions is slightly misleading as in it was the gross figure for Norway, and the differences between the two sectors are huge in many ways. The pragmatic long term view Norway took has indeed paid off big time. My own view is a form of nationalisation or part ownership of many key industries should be in place and at the very least our oil should be sourced on a form of fair trade type set up not from any friendly that month regime regardless of its human rights record etc etc. The one thing we are never gonna match is the numbers ie Norwegian population and the money generated from oil per head versus UK population etc etc. 

• Like 1

On 28/04/2020 at 18:47, Mark J said:

Counting by the Uk Government

1 pair of gloves = 2 pieces of PPE
1 recorded COVID-19 death = 2 actual COVID-19 deaths
1 actual delivered test = 2 potential tests subject to demand
1 week of UK post covid isolation = 2 weeks of WHO post Covid isolation
New 4,000 bed hospital = 40 beds actually in use
10,000 Dyson ventilators = 0 actual ventilators

128478F4-D5D7-487A-93A5-5D3B75309143.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1