Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

9 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Yawn ? bloody yawn ? 

Mark for once give us a positive and tell us what the answer to all this is in your opinion rather that just pointing out or putting links up to anything that half agrees with how you view tories and Boris. 

So that's a no then.

Following the damning Sunday Times piece today, would anyone care to offer a defence of Boris Johnson?
The incendiary Times article is behind a paywall so here is a round up of some of the key points:
1)Boris Johnson missed 5 COBRA meetings on the virus
2The Government sent PPE stock abroad
3)Training for key workers postponed for 2+ years
4)Department said lockdown needed 4 weeks before it happened
5)Pandemic plan not implemented properly
Boris Johnson should resign.
Please don't say that Corbyn would be worse.
Starmer has been no opposition to the shitehawks in charge. Seems like he's in favour.

I like to think I am a pretty good judge of a person, although I have a tendency to be too trusting. I have got no time for Johnson at all, I think he’s a charlatan that doesn’t have the sense of duty to undertake the role he’s in. I don’t doubt his intelligence but I think the whole buffoon thing is part affectation, part consequence of not being interested in any detail that isn’t self-serving.

I posted a link to the Sunday Times article on my Facebook yesterday evening (of which I have a few as FB contacts) and am yet to hear a dickie bird by way of a comment in Boris’ defence.

Initial gloss wearing off??
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Following the damning Sunday Times piece today, would anyone care to offer a defence of Boris Johnson?

The incendiary Times article is behind a paywall so here is a round up of some of the key points:

1)Boris Johnson missed 5 COBRA meetings on the virus
2The Government sent PPE stock abroad
3)Training for key workers postponed for 2+ years
4)Department said lockdown needed 4 weeks before it happened
5)Pandemic plan not implemented properly

Boris Johnson should resign.
Please don't say that Corbyn would be worse.
Starmer has been no opposition to the shitehawks in charge. Seems like he's in favour.

I’ll give it a punt....

Hold on, I don’t need to since it’s ALREADY been comprehensively discredited as total BS:

HEALTHMEDIA.BLOG.GOV.UK

News and updates from the Department of Health and Social Care media team

Even Majeed Narwaz, self declared no fan of the Tories, ripped it to shit on the wireless today. 

It’s a crock o shite. 

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 3

Kevin, despite your geographical handicap, you seem to be an intelligent bloke.
Can you, in all honesty, say that you think that he's acted in a manner that suggests he's the right man for the job?
This is actually happening:

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Medical staff may refuse to work this weekend if there are not enough gowns and other personal protective equipment...

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

Kevin, despite your geographical handicap, you seem to be an intelligent bloke.
Can you, in all honesty, say that you think that he's acted in a manner that suggests he's the right man for the job?
This is actually happening:

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Medical staff may refuse to work this weekend if there are not enough gowns and other personal protective equipment...

Not being funny mate, of the 2 of us, I’d suggest you’d have far greater success at the Paralympic Games than I. 

Your geographical handicap has resulted in political retardation.

How, exactly, do you come to the conclusion that the SoS is in any way responsible for routine, operational planning, procurement and asset management in any way more than the 50,000+ £100,000 salaried ‘managers’ in the NHS. 

None so blind as those that will not see. 

I’ll agree, he has made a dreadful mistake. 

He should have lined up the incompetent bastards and Given the fucking lot their cards. 

D33847B9-C672-4E45-B771-D8060DAC2D9F.jpeg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Richard 1234 said:

I think you would rather spend time trying to bring the government down than let them try and fix this mess.

it wouldn’t have been any better with labour or anyone else in charge.

Is that your defence of Boris Johnson's inactivity?
If so, then I'm impressed.

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Mark, I haven’t offered any defence of the PM, I posted a dot.gov link which exposes your previous press article as utter tosh. 

Perhaps Murdoch has had enough of Boris.
There is no defence for the PM.
Apologies if I misinterpreted your reply.