Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Nice of them to announce this. I wonder if they will be as lenient on those protecting their property due to their lack of action?

WWW.MSN.COM

Police will be forced to ignore certain crimes as the coronavirus causes officer shortages, it has been reported...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Steve Bullman said:

Nice of them to announce this. I wonder if they will be as lenient on those protecting their property due to their lack of action?

WWW.MSN.COM

Police will be forced to ignore certain crimes as the coronavirus causes officer shortages, it has been reported...

But one will still be proscuted, fined and points, for motoring offences, with no option of speed awareness courses!

Hypocrit much!

• Like 1

On 23/03/2020 at 17:30, EdwardC said:
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Scotland's former first minister is found not guilty on 12 charges...

I didn't see that coming. 

I have zero time for the sleazy big bollox, BUT, it perhaps highlights the fact that the courts are currently overwhelmed with dubious "rape" cases, especially those of this nature only being reported and investigated years after the alleged transgressions.

Which should have been dealt with at the time by the woman concerned, without recourse to the Courts.

Edited by difflock

21 minutes ago, difflock said:

I have zero time for the sleazy big bollox, BUT, it perhaps highlights the fact that the courts are currently overwhelmed with dubious "rape" cases, especially those of this nature only being reported and investigated years after the allegded transgressions.

Which should have been dealt with at the time by the woman concerned, without recouses to the Courts.

Funnily enough he's never bothered me. I can put up with him longer that Sturgeon or Steptoe thats for sure. 

But I completely agree with this 'rape' nonsense. Its been used in this instance to discredit him, Im glad he's been absolved, even if he is an arsehole. :D 

3 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

WWW.MSN.COM

Ain't that just business as normal? 

Seems like every week there's an announcement about the tasks the police are insufficiently funded/staffed to do anyway.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that one force is flying drones around the National Park checking that people aren't walking hand in hand and dyeing lakes black  to discourage visitors while others are are announcing this?

Managing P/ups in breweries comes to mind.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

Ain't that just business as normal? 

Seems like every week there's an announcement about the tasks the police are insufficiently funded/staffed to do anyway.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that one force is flying drones around the National Park checking that people aren't walking hand in hand and dyeing lakes black  to discourage visitors while others are are announcing this?

Managing P/ups in breweries comes to mind.

It seems to be the case. Everything about this situation has been handled shambolically. In the end, those responsible should be held to account. In the interim, why aren't they doing more, given the time that's been wasted already?