Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

It is a stitch up, but Boris trying to push it down folks throats when it was so close isn't the answer. Brexit will happen, it's going to take some more time mind.

To be honest, I wouldn’t mind waiting a little while longer if I thought it meant we truly freed ourselves from the EU.
All this talk of ‘a deal’ is rubbish. They’re not going to give us one and anyway, why should they dictate the terms? We decided to leave, so we should.
There should be no more negotiating until the playing field has been levelled. It’s proven impossible to resolve the important issues while we’re still ’in’ and while we are stymied by a rogue Parliament.
Sadly, that seems like the only way we will be able to establish sensible and non punitive solutions to trade, finance, tax, fishing rights, intelligence sharing, defence, immigration etc..

10 minutes ago, TIMON said:

To be honest, I wouldn’t mind waiting a little while longer if I thought it meant we truly freed ourselves from the EU.
All this talk of ‘a deal’ is rubbish. They’re not going to give us one and anyway, why should they dictate the terms? We decided to leave, so we should.
There should be no more negotiating until the playing field has been levelled. It’s proven impossible to resolve the important issues while we’re still ’in’ and while we are stymied by a rogue Parliament.
Sadly, that seems like the only way we will be able to establish sensible and non punitive solutions to trade, finance, tax, fishing rights, intelligence sharing, defence, immigration etc..

"They" shouldn't dictate if we leave, rogue Parliament?, the law decided unanimously that Boris just can't do what he likes, whether you or I like it it's a fact. What's he going to say at Stormont?, the place that hasn't sat, for how long?

"They" shouldn't dictate if we leave, rogue Parliament?, the law decided unanimously that Boris just can't do what he likes, whether you or I like it it's a fact. What's he going to say at Stormont?, the place that hasn't sat, for how long?

I say ‘Rogue’ simply because the terms of the referendum were spelt out by Cameron so clearly that even a complete imbecile could understand. (Of course, most of us now realise to our chagrin, that he only did that thinking that ‘we’ would blindly vote to stay IN forever.)
Everyone in Parliament promised to respect the outcome of the vote (provided we voted to remain).
So they completely betrayed the electorate and are now ‘governing’ at complete odds with the majority. I’d call that a Rogue government.
In hindsight, I feel like an imbecile for having believed them in the first place.
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, TIMON said:

I say ‘Rogue’ simply because the terms of the referendum were spelt out by Cameron so clearly that even a complete imbecile could understand. (Of course, most of us now realise to our chagrin, that he only did that thinking that ‘we’ would blindly vote to stay IN forever.)
Everyone in Parliament promised to respect the outcome of the vote (provided we voted to remain).
So they completely betrayed the electorate and are now ‘governing’ at complete odds with the majority. I’d call that a Rogue government.
In hindsight, I feel like an imbecile for having believed them in the first place.

But..., Cameron is a liar, just like Boris, and Corbyn. We can't be lead by these people, yet if people kick up, even if they agree we should leave they are wrong'uns.

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

But..., Cameron is a liar, just like Boris, and Corbyn. We can't be lead by these people, yet if people kick up, even if they agree we should leave they are wrong'uns.

Goes without saying that all politicians are liars.  

What do you mean, if people kick up, that they are wrong uns? Having been thoroughly betrayed by our elected representatives who have blithely disregarded the the outcome of a democratic referendum, isn't it time to 'kick up'?  

4 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

the law decided unanimously that Boris just can't do what he likes,

Doesn't it just illustrate the state of desperation that is being reached, to uphold the will of the majority of the population, that he will try just about anything to get it done.

MPs preventing exit should be ashamed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

Doesn't it just illustrate the state of desperation that is being reached, to uphold the will of the majority of the population, that he will try just about anything to get it done.

MPs preventing exit should be ashamed.

I give up, Gary.

• Haha 2

IMG_9376.jpgIMG_9375.jpgIMG_9377.jpg

Complete crap!!!!
Where do I start???
1300 oak trees is not 52 acres of clearfell.
Or €50,000,000
And yes France is fecking covered in massive oaks.
I worked in a private 10-20,000 hectare forest which could provide 20+m beams.
Just gets me.
[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

• Like 1