Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

6 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

I don't see the issue with Mogg lying down and resting. Why the hell not if you're waiting with nothing else to do? Probably was thinking, and for him, that is working. 

I don't think that people take issue with Mogg lying down so much as his entire character. He's the personification of privilege, entitlement, pomposity and elitism. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Boris Johnson yorkshire.

WWW.LEEDS-LIVE.CO.UK

The Prime Minister made a speech at West Yorkshire Police HQ this evening

Edit: try not to forget the link, Egg.

Edited by eggsarascal

I don't believe that the majority of leave voters did so with the mindset that we'd leave with no deal. I know people are 'sick of experts' but all the data points to it being an absolute shit show if we do 'crash out'.

So aye, I stand by my statement that no-deal would be treacherous.

No-one is abandoning leaving the EU. As far as I can tell. It's just that we'll do it in good faith, such as all business should be done.

We have the 5th biggest economy in the world.

I don’t understand what you (or any remainer) means by a ‘deal’.

They (EU) have openly admitted they won’t allow us to be better off by leaving.

If you went to quote a job, would you let the customer know that you wouldn’t walk away from the negotiations, no matter how little they were willing to pay? How would you feel if your bank manager told you that you had to acquiesce to any of the customers demands and price they set? It seems to me is basically what is happening now.

It’s not really that hard to see what our remainer majority parliament is trying to do is it?

• Like 7

If we're so rich then why did they choose to carry out austerity? You must have seen a spike in homelessness and a lack of care.
Do you trust the same people who will knowingly do that, to have our best interests at heart when it comes to negotiating deals that will shape the economy for decades?

Edited by Mark J

16 minutes ago, TIMON said:

We have the 5th biggest economy in the world.

I don’t understand what you (or any remainer) means by a ‘deal’.

They (EU) have openly admitted they won’t allow us to be better off by leaving.

If you went to quote a job, would you let the customer know that you wouldn’t walk away from the negotiations, no matter how little they were willing to pay? How would you feel if your bank manager told you that you had to acquiesce to any of the customers demands and price they set? It seems to me is basically what is happening now.

It’s not really that hard to see what our remainer majority parliament is trying to do is it?

And yet we still have a large budgetary deficit and an every increasing national debt. Germany was £80 billion pounds better off last year than us, on account of having a substantial surplus. Who do you think it going to come off worst in a No Deal scenario? 

And yet we still have a large budgetary deficit and an every increasing national debt. Germany was £80 billion pounds better off last year than us, on account of having a substantial surplus. Who do you think it going to come off worst in a No Deal scenario? 

Their “surplus” will fall dramatically when the UK stops contributing so heavily to the EU, i’d go so much as to say.... i think the Germans are big bullies within the EU. Time will tell of course.

Just now, Ratman said:

Their “surplus” will fall dramatically when the UK stops contributing so heavily to the EU, i’d go so much as to say.... i think the Germans are big bullies within the EU. Time will tell of course.

Probably. They can take it though. A 5% economic contraction this side of the channel will affect us far more severely. 

If by bullying, you mean creating consensus amongst 26 other countries and then resolutely sticking to your guns, then yes they are. I think in the UK, you'd struggle to find 26 MPs who agreed with each other.