Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

51 minutes ago, Mark J said:

pure cringe. 

There's a type of forced, charmless, dead English humour that instantly dies on it's feet through the eyes of Scottish people and this is typical of it. To be honest, I'm surprised it's been posted by a Geordie as most folk I know from the North East would find this act incredibly unfunny. Even if he was politically aligned to my own opinions I'd still not laugh as it's so fake and forced. There's no irony or wit there just a kind of angry crassness devoid of pathos or genuine warmth, humour such as Steptoe and Son etc. 

The main problem is that although this is an act you can tell the real personality of this man is that of an odious, miserable middle class tosspot who sits at home of a night working on this act in front of a full length mirror while shouting angrily at his boisterous young children who want him to play with them to, 'shut up, I'm f**king busy!!'

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, scotspine1 said:

pure cringe. 

There's a type of forced, charmless, dead English humour that instantly dies on it's feet through the eyes of Scottish people and this is typical of it. To be honest, I'm surprised it's been posted by a Geordie as most folk I know from the North East would find this act incredibly unfunny. Even if he was politically aligned to my own opinions I'd still not laugh as it's so fake and forced. There's no irony or wit there just a kind of angry crassness devoid of pathos or genuine warmth, humour such as Steptoe and Son etc. 

The main problem is that although this is an act you can tell the real personality of this man is that of an odious, miserable middle class tosspot who sits at home of a night working on this act in front of a full length mirror while shouting angrily at his boisterous young children who want him to play with them to, 'shut up, I'm f**king busy!!'

I think he's a bit of wanker in real life, as it it happens. Occasionally his character 'Jonathan Pie'  hits the nail on the head.

Edited by Mark J

Baals,

Corbyn has played it like a violin.

No election until treacherous no deal brexit is off the table.

I'll still laugh my back off when he's the next legitimate PM.

Can you explain how trying to implement the will of the voting majority is treacherous?

From where I’m sat it’s very obviously the elitist, self serving, remainers that have totally gone back on their word to honour the referendum result and who instead are trying to sell the whole country and any prospect of a negotiating position down the EU river who are the blatantly treacherous ones.

dictionary-social-logo-a60fa43a7f4c5e78893e1b228bdc74b3.png

WWW.DICTIONARY.COM
Definition of treachery from Dictionary.com, the world’s leading online source for English definitions, pronunciations, word origins, idioms, Word of the Day, and more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Can you explain how trying to implement the will of the voting majority is treacherous?

From where I’m sat it’s very obviously the elitist, self serving, remainers that have totally gone back on their word to honour the referendum result and who instead are trying to sell the whole country and any prospect of a negotiating position down the EU river who are the blatantly treacherous ones.

dictionary-social-logo-a60fa43a7f4c5e78893e1b228bdc74b3.png

WWW.DICTIONARY.COM

Definition of treachery from Dictionary.com, the world’s leading online source for English definitions, pronunciations, word origins, idioms, Word of the Day, and more.

I don't believe that the majority of leave voters did so with the mindset that we'd leave with no deal. I know people are 'sick of experts' but all the data points to it being an absolute shit show if we do 'crash out'.
So aye, I stand by my statement that no-deal would be treacherous.
No-one is abandoning leaving the EU. As far as I can tell. It's just that we'll do it in good faith, such as all business should be done.

• Sad 1

Good post Timon.

I reckon ‘No Deal’ should be changed to ‘No Deal Yet’.

There will always be a deal pretty quickly after we leave.

That’s also business.

When you’re trying to get a deal, to remove ‘No Deal’ as a fallback is suicidal.

What a cowardly bunch of bastards these MP’s are.

It’s disgraceful.

And if I ever meet that prick Bercrow I will have a bruise on my forehead and he won’t have a nose left.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

And if I ever meet that prick Bercrow I will have a bruise on my forehead and he won’t have a nose left.

I must admit that I find Bercow to be one of the most consistently entertaining members of parliament. He sure has balls, and I commend him for the manner in which he represents himself. 

It's been strangely satisfying watching the speed at which Johnson et al have crashed the government. They're driving themselves and the country into a brick wall whilst all the time trying to mash the accelerator. Teresa May must have medically diagnosable Schadenfreude by now. 3 years the Tories moaned about her, but at least she left with a working majority, as opposed to a minority of 43.

I do hope we'll see the back of Boris in the coming month or two. Good riddance to the pompous, self serving arse. I don't want to see Corbyn in power personally though. A government of National Unity seems sensible to me, and I'd be happy to see Ken Clarke at the helm. Over the past fews years, I've had nothing but respect for his pragmatism and wisdom.

• Like 2

Bercow should have his cock nailed to a cross, and then be slow roasted, all while being eviscerated , the smug odious arrogant(partisan, but strangely not to his own party) posturing prick he is.(Except his wife needs to look elsewhere for cock/prick, apparently)

I dare to say he would have fitted in consummately  well with Mr. Hitlers Nazi party of the 1930's through to about 1943.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, difflock said:

Bercow should have his cock nailed to a cross, and then be slow roasted, all while being eviscerated , the smug arrogant posturing prick he is.(Except his wife needs to look elsewhere for cock/prick, elsewhere, apparently)

I dare to say he would have fitted in consummately  well with Mr. Hitlers Nazi party of the 1930's through to about 1943.

Good grief. Did he bang your missus or somethinig?

• Haha 2