Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, spudulike said:

Yup, apparently work is good for your health so continuing to work to 72 years is great......and even greater for the Government, all those NI payments paid, never to be taken as a pension!

Have I missed something, I thought it was going up to 67 by 2028, when I drew my state pension at 65 statistically I could expect to live 18 years.

NB I fully expected to continue working till 70 but the boss had other ideas, did me a favour really.

8 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Have I missed something, I thought it was going up to 67 by 2028, when I drew my state pension at 65 statistically I could expect to live 18 years.

NB I fully expected to continue working till 70 but the boss had other ideas, did me a favour really.

I intend going on to 70 if it's possible. I'm 68 in November, I try to do 3 days a week but am finding it harder as time goes on. My wife and I get a joint pension of £1300 per month that includes her tiny Tesco pension and my tiny Army pension. I could manage in UK but here we are paying €1400 per year for private health insurance, which is the norm. She had to wait till 62 for hers, I just got in at 65. I will get a French pension, not a lot as I've only so far paid in 15 years so far. It seems as though the age is going to constantly rise in UK to draw your State pension.  How is a bloke digging roads supposed to keep going when his body is buggered up compared to someone in an office at that age? I worry about the next generation who will have to work maybe without the back up of a State pension, I feel it will be phased out in favour of totally private pensions. What grips my crap is the work shy scrotes who get a pension for doing sod all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, difflock said:

Best thing I did was take my entirely unexpected  package and go at 57, (with 32 years "punched") I am now 60,

and I was looking forward to a payrise (being the State Pension) in 6 or 7 years,

but I will not be getting ahead of myself.

Marcus

Fair play.

• 2 weeks later...

The talent that was Clint Eastwood is no more . He had a heart attack today apparently . He was a great director and actor as far as I am concerned . R.I.P  FAKE NEWS . IGNORE .

Edited by Stubby