Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

47 minutes ago, Woodlover said:

This stinks ...conspiracy theorist feast or what.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49306032

Not only Trumps mate but had royal connections just like Jimmy Saville.

Not suspicious at all.

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Mr. Epstein, the financier indicted on sex trafficking charges, was not under suicide watch at the time of his death.

38 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Not suspicious at all.

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Mr. Epstein, the financier indicted on sex trafficking charges, was not under suicide watch at the time of his death.

Oooh, you nasty , sceptical snowflake. ?

38 minutes ago, EdwardC said:

I guess you also ignore, and would turn a blind eye to the well known sexual abuse of childeren by white celebraties; Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris, Stuart Hall etc. What about white representatives of the mainstream churches, or the less mainstream churches, or the abuse of those in local authority care, or those in the judicial system, or those abused by representatives of NGO's working in relief.

The one consistent factor is the vulnerability of the victims. None of it is acceptable. But it only matters to the racists if the perpatrators are colured. Otherwise they're not interested.

A guess, that just about sums it up Ed.

You 'guess' I'm not troubled by something because it allows you to off-set against something that I am troubled by with something that might trouble you...  Your logic is so flawed it is laughable.

Have a think about that.

There are many things in the world that are troubling.  If someone voices an opinion about 1 of them, that opinion is in no way diminished by someone (like you) raising a counter point and saying "yeah, but what about...."

If the issues you highlight above trouble YOU, voice your opinion.  Don't be afraid, I'm not going to come along and say "yeah, but what about...."  I'd more likely say "you have a fair point there fella..."

If I want to NOT be surprised by the religious origin of someone perpetrating a crime, and if I want to note that it took the media quite some time to report an element of that scenario which could have been predicted with some considerable confidence well in advance of that report, and I want to pass comment on it - that is EXACTLY what I will do and I couldn't give a monkey's toss if you, or anyone else, thinks that is "racist."

All it actually does is demonstrate that (a) you don't know me and (b) you don't know the definition of racism.

*sigh*

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 08/08/2019 at 22:20, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Police officer attempted murder. 

It took best part of 24 hrs to get any indication of the perp’s ‘background.’

Muhammad Faisal 

Who’d have thought it.....

That's his name, not his background.

Do you think that there is a reason behind his name not being released for 24hrs? If so, what do you think the reason is and why do think whoever publishes the news, would do such a thing?