Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, David Cropper said:

Eggs, if she'd have come out with a racist,  homophobic,  anti feminist joke, the media and the left would have been over her like a rash.Double standards again. I wonder if Katie Piper found it a rib tickler? 

Danny Baker sacked for a tweet about the royal baby, and investigated by the police, now Jo Brand over a joke. What happened to this free speech everyone keeps banging on about?

2 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Danny Baker sacked for a tweet about the royal baby, and investigated by the police, now Jo Brand over a joke. What happened to this free speech everyone keeps banging on about?

It seems to be a one way street.  Criticise the left at your peril and you're shown the door. Imagine the stink if Bernard Manning or Jim Davidson were given free rein on mainstream tv, not my cup of tea these days, but I can remember both of them having folk rolling in the isles in the 60s and 70s, myself included. Times change, often for the better. In this case, I actually quite like Jo Brand, not a big fan of female comics effing and jeffing,  but I realise it seems not to be a big deal these days.  Acid throwing is too sensitive, in my opinion, to joke about in these violent times, there are some very strange people out there who believe what they hear in the media is tantamount to having an excuse to act on it. My brain is hurting now after this. I must lie down before Nursey comes in.

• Like 1

I’ve never had any liking for her particular brand of ‘humour.’

With luck, and as a show of proportionality with recent examples, I won’t have to suffer seeing her on HIGNFY in the future...

Quite like jo brand as it happens, starting to wonder if I’ll ever see HIGNFY again, bloody women playing football when they should surely be at home making their man’s dinner.

• Haha 2