Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

4 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

Depends on how many of them are GP’s.

And how many of them breed way above replacement rate once they arrive. I wish I was in charge so I could sentence you to live out the rest of your life in central Birmingham for your thought crimes against the indiginous

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

With a points based immigration system they could all be. Of course there wouldn’t be 300k of them though and it would only leave the moral dilemma of asset stripping other nations.....  Can’t help but think of the anti Empire brigade and their collective self imposed guilt trip in such a scenario ?

I can’t think of a reason why a skills based points system cannot be put in place, I have also never met anyone who is apposed to one.

It makes you wonder who the present system benefits the most?

Maybe we should lobby our local MP’s and get the points system put into their manifestos.

I think the Lib Dem’s would be back in business with the Tory vote swing if they had a points system in their plans.

Edited by The avantgardener

4 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

And how many of them breed way above replacement rate once they arrive. I wish I was in charge so I could sentence you to live out the rest of your life in central Birmingham for your thought crimes against the indiginous

I have friends in Birmingham that would quite happily peel your face off your skull for such remarks!

4 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

If only there was a blindingly obvious, relatively easily implemented, tried & tested, demonstrably affective system of controlling the number, quality and term of residence granted already in use elsewhere in the world which could be simply copied and rolled out without any significant effort....

I guess, until some simple sense and honesty  is applied... we’ll have to carry on pretending that a points based immigration system isn’t the blindingly obvious way to go....

8 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

With a points based immigration system they could all be.

Bit confused why you keep going on about why the UK should adopt a points based immigration system, considering the fact that the UK already does adopt a points based migration system and has done for over 10 years?

Especially confusing considering how under the points based system, non-EU net migration has steadily risen from 150,000/yr in 2013 to 261,000 in 2018, compared to EU net migration (free movement) at only 57,000 last year. So 82% of net migration is already through our points based system, but applying the same system to the remaining 18% is the "blinding obvious" answer? The claim that it is a "demonstrably affective system of controlling the number" is a bit questionable.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Bit confused why you keep going on about why the UK should adopt a points based immigration system, considering the fact that the UK already does adopt a points based migration system and has done for over 10 years?

Especially confusing considering how under the points based system, non-EU net migration has steadily risen from 150,000/yr in 2013 to 261,000 in 2018, compared to EU net migration (free movement) at only 57,000 last year. So 82% of net migration is already through our points based system, but applying the same system to the remaining 18% is the "blinding obvious" answer? The claim that it is a "demonstrably affective system of controlling the number" is a bit questionable.

Well, there are points based systems designed or intended to favour those with skills to offer,

and UN type points based systems designed and intended to favour the most; dispossessed/unpassported/uneducated/unwanted/lying/young/male etc etc etc, etc etc.

Ah kin kinda guess which system the uk has most likely got.

5 hours ago, Lucan said:

...Its simply based on the easy availability of Zodiac R.I.Bs mate !  Inflate once an the money rolls in !!!! ;) K

17 hours ago, The avantgardener said:

How long does it take to become a GP compared with how long it takes to write a resignation letter, this is the reason for for the shortage as explained in the news this morning.

Your post has got to be the biggest pile of horeshit I have ever read on Arbtalk.

No..! No no ! You should read more Arbtalk mate ! Yr missing out ;) k

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, difflock said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/09/danny-baker-apologises-unthinking-gag-deletes-royal-baby-monkey/

There is something well wrong with todays uptight society, that yer man above has been sacked .

as result of posting this image, which was quite simply, simply funny.

mth

As he said, he doesn't have a diseased mind. Maybe those claiming racism need to be looking a lot closer to home.

Edited by Gary Prentice