Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

28 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

I'd imagine that as her job involves spiritual guidance she'd be explaining that it goes against the teaching of the church. 

Indeed, but will she also point out the hypocrisy of their teachings?

Presumably her views were not shared by the management and governors of the school.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/16/uk-parliament-could-suffer-same-fate-as-notre-dame-warn-mps?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1555406749

it’d probably happen when theym not there and AFTER the >£5 billion restoration bill!

They should all be moved to a trading estate in Milton Keynes in a purpose built and fit for purpose building with barrack style accommodation on site.

The savings would be immense!

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/16/uk-parliament-could-suffer-same-fate-as-notre-dame-warn-mps?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1555406749

it’d probably happen when theym not there and AFTER the >£5 billion restoration bill!

They should all be moved to a trading estate in Milton Keynes in a purpose built and fit for purpose building with barrack style accommodation on site.

The savings would be immense!

What have the folk of Milton Keynes done to deserve such terrible treatment?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skyhuck said:

Indeed, but will she also point out the hypocrisy of their teachings?

Presumably her views were not shared by the management and governors of the school.

Probably not, but at least she probably wouldn't advocate throwing them off rooftops or stoning them to death.

Says she is a “pastoral assistant”, how would a gay or lesbian child feel about approaching her for guidance and what kind of guidance would she give?

As for the muslins, as far as i’m aware none of them worked at the school, so could not be sacked.

Hopefully she would give a child the same support regardless of their sexual orientation or worldview. To answer your question, if I was a lesbian child seeking support, it would be more important that I could put my trust in the supporters character than what her own personal preferences were. The report states she had an unblemished record. Personally I think it’s a shame that the thought police and social nazis have caused an apparently good person to lose their job and means of providing for her family just because she had a conflicting view on her own child’s wellbeing.
Isn’t it great to know we live in an ‘inclusive’ society ?!
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

What have the folk of Milton Keynes done to deserve such terrible treatment?

Nuffin really, it just kind of rolls off the tongue and seems a suitable, if somewhat nondescript (bloody French, what have they ever given us?) sort of location.  Maybe Leicestershire (near Fenny Drayton and Higham on the Hill) (52°33′42.942″N 1°27′53.474″W; SP 36373.66 96143.05) would be a better choice as the geographical centre of England*....?  Could provide a better insight into the real opinions of the nation since the M25 bubble appears to be a planet all of its own? 

1 hour ago, Gary Prentice said:

Have you ever been to Milton Keynes? :D

No.... I bet they are all lovely. ?

26 minutes ago, difflock said:

I really would not mind if the Palace of Westminister burned right down to the the sub-basement, just so long as the House was sitting, and all the Emergency Exits were locked.

The architectural loss would be a very small price to pay.

Where are Guy Fawkes offspring when they are needed?

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Like 2