Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

3 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Pay and be paid. Don't expect a man to go to work then knock him for his money. As seen in the video it will come back to bite you on the arse.

Agreed

I was bumped as a subbie for 10 grand a few years ago, news that I wasn't gonna get paid was given by phone on the evening of the 23rd of Dec whilst I was driving to Dublin to catch the ferry home. Xmas eve was spent driving from Holyhead to Aberdeen thinking how I was gonna get through the so called festive period. Credit card Xmas was what it turned out to be. Biggest kick in the balls is the individual whom was responsible wound up one firm and started another basically straight away and got away with it Scot free. So regarding Vesps comment if he was the judge etc etc and small claims courts it's difficult to comment or pass judgement unless you know all the facts. Me personally I say good luck to him and as like  others have said if one good thing is to come out of the whole event it is that it publicises the fact that this bullshit is so prevalent in many industries ie subbies getting treat like shit. 

Edited by Johnsond
Grammatical error
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, openspaceman said:

I hope he gets a fair hearing and the mitigating circumstances of non payment are taken into account.

In one of the videos he goes straight over a pile of joiner's power tools, they will be sub contractors, no tools = no work for them. Also a lot of other guys might now lose pay as their section of work won't have been "signed off".

Not to mention the fact he was trying to demolish the supporting pillars, with people inside the building

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, scbk said:

In one of the videos he goes straight over a pile of joiner's power tools, they will be sub contractors, no tools = no work for them. Also a lot of other guys might now lose pay as their section of work won't have been "signed off".

Not to mention the fact he was trying to demolish the supporting pillars, with people inside the building

Would any of this have happened if he had been paid ??? 

£600 can make the difference between paying your mortgage and putting food on the table for your family. I would tend to think the contractor whom didn't pay him has had some questions to answer to travelodge!!. 

5 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Would any of this have happened if he had been paid ??? 

£600 can make the difference between paying your mortgage and putting food on the table for your family. I would tend to think the contractor whom didn't pay him has had some questions to answer to travelodge!!. 

It would be one thing to smash up the bosses car or whatever, but to try and demolish part of building with lads working inside, and take away their wage, is something else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, openspaceman said:

I hope he gets a fair hearing and the mitigating circumstances of non payment are taken into account.

I expect he will get a fair hearing as it happens..  I'm not without some sympathy for the fella's situation myself...   but we can't have people running amok on account of them losing their marbles for ten minutes...

what next, a builder short changed a tenner and sets fire to a hundred million project to get his own back?..

a hospital bulldozed to the ground because a mans wife died through malpractice by an incompetent surgeon...

were does it end?..

Best to come down hard on this sort of vandalism before it spreads to every other knuckle head out there..  give him fives yrs to reflect on his behavior..  and a warning to others like him..

22 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

The little beastie has been arrested for rape and sexual assault. That’ll be interesting!

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Hot+Topics/People+in+the+News/Alex+Salmond

I often wondered in he ever had a pop at Wee Jimmy Krankie Sturgeon.  I'd pay good money to see that. 

• Like 1