Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

20 minutes ago, woody paul said:

2 of them did stop it when they got a chance and just got away with out injury. 

Would you have gone into that building and tried to stop him??. 

Of course he would . Old Vesp wears his pants out side of his tights !

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

If the news is to be believed he wasn't paid on time, bank glitch or not he should have been paid on the Friday, he didn't get paid until Monday, lots of us could cope with being paid late, but lots of us couldn't. I'd guess financial stress could drive someone to do things they wouldn't normally do.

In many cases the 'glitch' is the person with the purse strings in head office, failing to do what was promised.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/construction-firm-breaks-silence-over-15714457?fbclid=IwAR026b5e04M6m-zmyZOym459cTbFU1AXsGCYz7vXNEC6CMV52p22lq-TXzY

11 minutes ago, Mark J said:

In many cases the 'glitch' is the person with the purse strings in head office, failing to do what was promised.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/construction-firm-breaks-silence-over-15714457?fbclid=IwAR026b5e04M6m-zmyZOym459cTbFU1AXsGCYz7vXNEC6CMV52p22lq-TXzY

Yep that's exactly what happens. I know for a fact that with a lot of big firms come the end of the month someone pics and chooses who is getting paid and who is getting bumped until maybe next month.

Good on the guy, no one got hurt and he certainly made a statement! 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Vespasian said:

I wish I was the judge when he comes up.. max sentence all the way..   we don't have small claims courts for nothing..  the fella is a moron..  .

Pay and be paid. Don't expect a man to go to work then knock him for his money. As seen in the video it will come back to bite you on the arse.

• Like 5

I hope this gets more and more coverage.

The problem, especially in construction, of people getting paid either late or not at all is ridiculous.

The problems are normally created by unscrupulous greedy, rich bastards at the top and the shit flows downhill.

Anything that can bring about change is a good thing.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:
On 23/01/2019 at 11:06, Vespasian said:

I wish I was the judge when he comes up.. max sentence all the way..   we don't have small claims courts for nothing..  the fella is a moron..  .

Pay and be paid. Don't expect a man to go to work then knock him for his money. As seen in the video it will come back to bite you on the arse.

I hope he gets a fair hearing and the mitigating circumstances of non payment are taken into account.

Edited by openspaceman
  • Like 2