Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

6 minutes ago, Ratman said:

How do you depict or who actually decides ‘who has’ and ‘who has not’ got suitable mental fortitude to cope?
This is my point Vesp, its far deeper than what you suggest, its an illness is the long and short of it and even so called professionals cant always read the signs and get it right every time. People can suffer the trigger from early childhood or it can come in the later stages of their life ?‍♂️ then leading on to cure or prevention. Cure to the individual is battling through it, prevention to the individual is to take drugs.
Even the might VESP hasn’t got an answer on this one i’m afraid. Your beaten.... accept it!

The only person who can tell if you have the mental strength to cope with drug use is oneself..

And I don't by the illness thing as well..   some people can spend all their lives on drugs, they cope easily enough..  are they ill?..  

Its not an illness its self abuse by those who shouldn't go anywhere near drugs of any sorts...

I've taken a couple of types of drugs, marijuana speed and LSD....   on only one occasion did I have a positive experience..   most times I ended up regretting the experience within hrs if not minutes..

Taught me that I wasn't on the spectrum of people who can use drugs..  cigs and drink excluded...

Friends have offered me drugs over the yrs but I have the mental fortitude to refuse their kind offerings..  I ain't on the spectrum and I know it.   thus I have the will to refuse to partake..

The weak minded, the easily influenced might on the other hand give in to their short term pleasures over their long term benefits..  I ain't one of them....

Read you first paragraph and said fuck it to the rest!!!
You are a tit at times!
If you are of a mentally imbalanced state.... (the point everyone is trying to get across to you) then how can you decide if you are of good mental fortitude to straighten yourself out??!!! You cant, and so the drugs take over! ??‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Read you first paragraph and said fuck it to the rest!!!
You are a tit at times!
If you are of a mentally imbalanced state.... (the point everyone is trying to get across to you) then how can you decide if you are of good mental fortitude to straighten yourself out??!!! You cant, and so the drugs take over! ??‍♂️

I thought the assumption was that drugs lead to mental illness..  isn't that the assumption?.

I was on the other hand was suggesting the opposite, that mental illness leads to drug abuse...   in a round about way..   

and if I'm not mistaken I was also suggesting that people who might be subject to those types of illnesses be forewarned in the classroom..  teach them that they are particularly vulnerable to the dangers of drug abuse and thus direct them away from drug use early in life...    

Teachers know who these types are..  its a well known fact teachers can spot those who they know will end up in prison in later life, its not a stretch to see they can see the mentally unstable..

Its not like its likely to stop substance abuse in general, but at least it might save some from themselves in later life..  

And its a better strategy  than doing nothing and waiting on events..  don't you think?...

33 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

The only person who can tell if you have the mental strength to cope with drug use is oneself..

And I don't by the illness thing as well..   some people can spend all their lives on drugs, they cope easily enough..  are they ill?..  

Its not an illness its self abuse by those who shouldn't go anywhere near drugs of any sorts...

I've taken a couple of types of drugs, marijuana speed and LSD....   on only one occasion did I have a positive experience..   most times I ended up regretting the experience within hrs if not minutes..

Taught me that I wasn't on the spectrum of people who can use drugs..  cigs and drink excluded...

Friends have offered me drugs over the yrs but I have the mental fortitude to refuse their kind offerings..  I ain't on the spectrum and I know it.   thus I have the will to refuse to partake..

The weak minded, the easily influenced might on the other hand give in to their short term pleasures over their long term benefits..  I ain't one of them....

Well then, are you a non smoker  teetotaler?

14 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

I thought the assumption was that drugs lead to mental illness..  isn't that the assumption?.

I was on the other hand was suggesting the opposite, that mental illness leads to drug abuse...   in a round about way..   

and if I'm not mistaken I was also suggesting that people who might be subject to those types of illnesses be forewarned in the classroom..  teach them that they are particularly vulnerable to the dangers of drug abuse and thus direct them away from drug use early in life...    

Teachers know who these types are..  its a well known fact teachers can spot those who they know will end up in prison in later life, its not a stretch to see they can see the mentally unstable..

Its not like its likely to stop substance abuse in general, but at least it might save some from themselves in later life..  

And its a better strategy  than doing nothing and waiting on events..  don't you think?...

There are some uncomfortable truths / logic in yr previous couple of comments Vesp. 

Never catch on given the current state of society where everyone seems determined to find someone / something other than their own shit choices for their own shit circumstances. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mesterh said:

Well then, are you a non smoker  teetotaler?

Smoker givin up in a day or so...   don't drink for the most part..  hangovers ain't my thing...

And yes both are drugs..   but both ain't hard drugs... thats somethin in it?.   

and theres a difference between drink an hard drugs..  one is a solitary experience one a social experience..    If I had to choose between the two it would be alcohol..  

Uncontrollable mental illness CAN and does promote drug use was the original mention.
You said classroom teaching could stop drug use, then you back peddled saying they needed to be of mental fortitude to stop it happening.
Now your implying the opposite again? “In a round about way!” as you put it!
How do teachers know who “these TYPES are”? (Your a prick for trying to categorise the unfortunate!)
And as for “waiting on events”...... thats another point, how can you spot what is going to happen, you cant!
You’ve just talked yourself in to a circle of muttered bollocks!!! Are you on drugs? Do you want me to get the doctor...... i mean teacher??!!!

I’m done for tonight Vesp, you’ve wiped me out with all your spatterings of excrement, i’m off to clean my full body suit off, you’ve completely covered me from head to toe tonight!
Soon be 4am get up for me, night night ya [emoji931] end!

3 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Uncontrollable mental illness CAN and does promote drug use was the original mention.
You said classroom teaching could stop drug use, then you back peddled saying they needed to be of mental fortitude to stop it happening.
Now your implying the opposite again? “In a round about way!” as you put it!
How do teachers know who “these TYPES are”? (Your a prick for trying to categorise the unfortunate!)
And as for “waiting on events”...... thats another point, how can you spot what is going to happen, you cant!
You’ve just talked yourself in to a circle of muttered bollocks!!! Are you on drugs? Do you want me to get the doctor...... i mean teacher??!!!

I’m done for tonight Vesp, you’ve wiped me out with all your spatterings of excrement, i’m off to clean my full body suit off, you’ve completely covered me from head to toe tonight!
Soon be 4am get up for me, night night ya emoji931.png end!

Hahahaha

I bet you missed me didn't you ratman when I was banned for a time...   see your gettin back into the swing of things...  

is this you...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chessa said:

A little more... (I'm not tired yet)...

Quote from the above book again: "Lloyd Pendleton, the director of Utah's Homeless Task Force, had his lightbulb moment in the early 2000's. Homelessness in the state was out of control, with thousands oaf people sleeping under bridges, in parks, and on the streets of Utah's cities. Police and social services had their hands full... in 2005, Utah launched its war on homelessness... The goal? To get all the state's homeless off the streets. The strategy? Free apartments. Pendleton started with the seventeen most abject street sleepers he could find. Two years later, after they all had a place to live, he progressively expanded the program. Criminal records, hopeless addictions, towering debts, - none of it mattered. In Utah, having a roof over your head became a right." 

I'm all for this sort of thing, though I wouldn't want to go so far as a right..  a partnership, you get a roof over your head, you act as a good citizen..   

Universal income as well, give everyone a fixed income, money earned afterwards is a bonus...

prison reform as well, instead of what we have today. we have spartan accommodation without heating..   no telly no nothing..  just hard graft and physical punishments..  birch whip or cane..

beat em down and keep em down..  you play nice in society or you go down hard in prison..