Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Just now, Gary Prentice said:

After seeing what heroin did to my twin sister, I've no desire to try it even with cancer. That's a pretty daft comment.

er yeah I was just about to try to remedy that after posting, remembering your ongoing battle with multiple myeloma - what I meant was I am genuinely curious as to the experience. I agree its worth staying in good shape to fight cancer, as these days the medicine can work wonders. A customer of mine looked at deaths door with a huge lump on his shoulder from leukemia, but is now completely clear. Of course its worth fighting

Self medicate.... give me strength.  engage in substance abuse would be more honest..  

If you're asking me the root of the problem isn't drugs but mental deficiency of some sorts..  who in their right mind wants to take drugs knowing how dangerous they can be..   especially for the feeble minded of this world..   

Thats the thing that ought be taught in schools, if your of sound mind, you may get away with taking drugs and live a normal life eventually.. if your weak and of unstable mind you will end up going down that rabbit hole and you ain't likely to be getting out of it..

If children could be made to understand this, the weak minded might be wary of or tempted to go down that rabbit hole..   on the minus side those of sound mind might be tempted to take on the challenge of trying drugs... but at least they'd be better armed against the worse of its consequences..

Agree with some of that Vesp, but even when educated your still going to get the “thrill seekers” as someone called em earlier, or the mentally unstable that will try it.

Once taken, then that opens the door to the downward spiral, its the trigger for taking em in the first place thats the cause, ‘the villain’.

The answer? Dont think there is one. Even if there were no drugs to take, people would do something else no doubt, self harm etc but thats another whole debate!!!

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Horse shit, I’ve seen what heroin can do to middle class kids in comfortable villages in affluent West Sussex.

Not mentally ill, not poor, just thrill seeking youngsters, lives ruined.

And not constrained by any elements of a so-called social construct:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6373485/Daughter-Marquess-Queensberry-18-died-heroin-cocaine-binge-inquest-hears.html

2 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Agree with some of that Vesp, but even when educated your still going to get the “thrill seekers” as someone called em earlier, or the mentally unstable that will try it.
Once taken, then that opens the door to the downward spiral, its the trigger for taking em in the first place thats the cause, ‘the villain’.
The answer? Dont think there is one. If if there were no drugs to take, people would so something else no doubt, self harm etc but thats another whole debate!!!

I'm not talking educated against uneducated but those with and those without mental fortitude..

Those with high mental fortitude might be able to cope with a life of drugs and no one but themselves would ever know it..  those with low mental fortitude will end up sat outside a supermarket begging for money..    

I would not say it was thrill seeking but escapism for many, from mental or physical abuse or alcoholic parents , the thrill seeking ? It’s just feeling safe and escaping with friends maybe peer pressure for some ....
I have met a few weird fuckers who do it for the thrill but would not say that was why any of my mates got it to drugs /drinking and sniffing solvents when we was kids.

• Like 3

Self medicate.... give me strength.  engage in substance abuse would be more honest..  

If you're asking me the root of the problem isn't drugs but mental deficiency of some sorts..  who in their right mind wants to take drugs knowing how dangerous they can be..   especially for the feeble minded of this world..   

Thats the thing that ought be taught in schools, if your of sound mind, you may get away with taking drugs and live a normal life eventually.. if your weak and of unstable mind you will end up going down that rabbit hole and you ain't likely to be getting out of it..

If children could be made to understand this, the weak minded might be wary of or tempted to go down that rabbit hole..   on the minus side those of sound mind might be tempted to take on the challenge of trying drugs... but at least they'd be better armed against the worse of its consequences..

We all self medicate.

I’ve just self medicated on a bottle of red and a few whiskeys.

smokers, eaters, whatever. I remember when AIDS came out and the Daily Mail readers of this world were saying self inflicted so fuck em. Diabetes, most cancer, heart attacks and strokes were apparently god given. There is no answer for the poor and down trodden. It’s the human condition

It’s also genetic. In my family there is a link to cannabis and schizophrenia. My kids were brought up knowing it had ruined several members of our families lives. Mind you alcohol an d tobacco have ruined more

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

I guess you have never smoked or drank alcohol then otherwise how much of a hypocrite are you?

Sad and unfortunately more too common tales from Timon indeed. Great news for the tight arses who can use plenty of excuses not to give to charity, charity's are ran by billionaires and peadofiles and all street beggars are smack heads.

Again it makes me realise how extremely lucky I am.

Where the blame lies is difficult to say as it can stretch right back to the Afghanistan poppy farmer.

• Like 1

I'm not talking educated against uneducated but those with and those without mental fortitude..

Those with high mental fortitude might be able to cope with a life of drugs and no one but themselves would ever know it..  those with low mental fortitude will end up sat outside a supermarket begging for money..    

How do you depict or who actually decides ‘who has’ and ‘who has not’ got suitable mental fortitude to cope?
This is my point Vesp, its far deeper than what you suggest, its an illness is the long and short of it and even so called professionals cant always read the signs and get it right every time. People can suffer the trigger from early childhood or it can come in the later stages of their life ?‍♂️ then leading on to cure or prevention. Cure to the individual is battling through it, prevention to the individual is to take drugs.
Even the might VESP hasn’t got an answer on this one i’m afraid. Your beaten.... accept it!
  • Like 2