Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Well yesee Vesp,

I disagree,

since meeting a very few very black persons, most of whom have been absolute quality, incl the intensly  Niger black Dr.,  wot stitched young Marcus up, him complete with facial tribal scarring and impeccable Eton educated type English.

He also fully understood, i.e. had the grace to be amused by the need for children to play with knives and other sharp implements

Marcus

Edit

The Niger black Dr. had the tribal scarring and Eton accent, not wor offspring, wot wuz 'umble bred like!

Edited by difflock

But am finally understanding the full impact of The Longest Day and Saving Private Ryan films, which baffled me until now..( all that splashing abut in lil boats n sand in shoes ) ... it also underscores the superiority of British Armed Forces that our little tiny island could successfully assault a much bigger island which Mr Hitler and his much trumped Wehrmact and Lufthansa never managed , even after him shouting abt it fr years..... 'who do you think you are kidding, Mr !' K

30 minutes ago, difflock said:

Well yesee Vesp,

I disagree,

since meeting a very few very black persons, most of whom have been absolute quality, incl the intensly  Niger black Dr.,  wot stitched young Marcus up, him complete with facial tribal scarring and impeccable Eton educated type English.

He also fully understood, i.e. had the grace to be amused by the need for children to play with knives and other sharp implements

Marcus

Edit

The Niger black Dr. had the tribal scarring and Eton accent, not wor offspring, wot wuz 'umble bred like!

The thing is I did mention a spectrum..   your black friend is obviously on the higher end for his population group..  typically we should see people as individuals, but how in hells bells are we to do that when describing a group..  thats the conundrum when discussing populations and the strengths and weaknesses of different groups..  

In a nutshell, your friend is on the higher end for his group, the group that typically falls at the bottom end of the other groups..   

and just because someone is on the lower end of the spectrum, it don't mean they're rotten little fks.. it just means a higher percentage of them will be..  

it explains a problem, it don't solve one..  

• Like 1

I will unfortunately dignify that comment with a reply.

Visit the average British pub and listen to the generally ill-informed, and downright wrong views held and vehemently espoused to be true.

Or even observe the general stupidity of the average Caucasian driver.

Before ill-advisedly commenting on other races.

We are all on a spectrum of humanity, regardless of colour or breed.

mth

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, difflock said:

I will unfortunately dignify that comment with a reply.

Visit the average British pub and listen to the generally ill-informed, and downright wrong views held and vehemently espoused to be true.

Or even observe the general stupidity of the average Caucasian driver.

Before ill-advisedly commenting on other races.

We are all on a spectrum of humanity, regardless of colour or breed.

mth

well true enough, but we all belong to groups.   black white brown yellow and red in the case of american Indians.. English Welsh or Scotish..  we define ourselves as individuals and our group identity..

5 hours ago, Vespasian said:

well true enough, but we all belong to groups.   black white brown yellow and red in the case of american Indians.. English Welsh or Scotish..  we define ourselves as individuals and our group identity..

Whats your group Vesp ?