Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Can't ever admit to having 'liked' the bloke, although he would have been on the list of geezers to have at a piss up (along with Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage, Jacob RM, George Galloway and Russell Brand (and possibly even JC - just so that I could laugh at him as he sat in the corner unable to get a word in edge ways or find anyone that would listen to him even if he could)) but I think this one genuinely needs to play out properly.  

Easy to let emotion take charge and hope that he swings, but I don't want to let personal prejudice interfere with due process.

Fair comment as usual Kev, yes, if guilty obviously I’d have no sympathy, but the sad part is, that like them all he has a wife who will be undoubtedly devastated and humiliated at the moment, guilty or not, I think she’s almost 20yrs older than him, not what you want at that stage of life!

Ho hum.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Mull said:

I did look at that when you linked it in an earlier thread. 

I noted the source (which made me smile) and the content back then but intentionally didn’t comment. 

I thought it a deeply flawed and heavily biased PR piece with massive gaps and such obvious ‘sponsorship’ from ‘interested parties’ that it didn’t warrant comment. 

Whilst I recognise that it appears to provide a source which those that are unwilling / unable to embrace a different way of thinking might reference, it does nothing to challenge the status quo nor does it present an open, balanced and forward thinking concept for the future.

As such, it serves only as a comfort blanket for the institutionalised and, I suspect, will completely fail to bring any new converts to that side of the argument. 

I know we’ve touched on meat consumption before, but the solution (IMHO) lays in less rather than more. I guess in that respect I can agree with the part of the article which appears to advance the argument that food supply (at the National level) should be given the importance, as a strategic asset, that it deserves. This should start (at the individual level) by treating meat as a valuable treat rather than as a routine staple. 

What a challenge that would be - a seemingly impossible task of attempting to reverse the societal rot of instant gratification, lack of appreciation, buy now pay later, rights rather than responsibilities attitudes that seem to prevail in the UK these days. 

Hope all well with you and yours up there in the Islands! ??

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Mull said:

Knew you were full of shit about farming Kev, you have no answers to subsidies, other than “they’re not right”emoji849.png oh god!

Now then!

I thought, over the years, we’d settled on a more amicable ‘agree to disagree’ sort of relationship based on mutual respect and healthy constructive discussion since our earliest exchanges viz-a-viz Scotch independence where you adopted such a crass and confrontational approach as that shown above.

I am deeply disappointed and emotionally bruised to find us, after such a passage of time, seemingly reverting back to the old ways of direct personal insults.

My faith in the gregarious generosity and inherent warmth of Island character is on a cliff-edge. 

What’s got under your skin you miserable old goat? Is it the early onset of seasonal depression what with the start of British Winter time up there in the Norf?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Now then!

I thought, over the years, we’d settled on a more amicable ‘agree to disagree’ sort of relationship based on mutual respect and healthy constructive discussion since our earliest exchanges viz-a-viz Scotch independence where you adopted such a crass and confrontational approach as that shown above.

I am deeply disappointed and emotionally bruised to find us, after such a passage of time, seemingly reverting back to the old ways of direct personal insults.

My faith in the gregarious generosity and inherent warmth of Island character is on a cliff-edge. 

What’s got under your skin you miserable old goat? Is it the early onset of seasonal depression what with the start of British Winter time up there in the Norf?

I'm always surprised how politely you rebuke people Kevin. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Now then!

You tell him Mr Johnson. He's got a bloody nerve coming around here talking to you like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2