Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

12 hours ago, scotspine1 said:

You don't get out much do you Lucan 

Merely find it ironic that those that go on about fake news are the same ones that flood social media and forums with fake stories and reports that's all (benign or not). Will curb the use of facts on here in the future as we can't be having randoms on the internet saying I don't have a social life can we?

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Merely find it ironic that those that go on about fake news are the same ones that flood social media and forums with fake stories and reports that's all (benign or not). Will curb the use of facts on here in the future as we can't be having randoms on the internet saying I don't have a social life can we?

2 hours ago, Lucan said:

Lucan, it was a joke, an observation on local government bureaucracy. But thanks for taking the time to fact check it on Snopes. I think we're all grateful for that. 

image.thumb.jpeg.db715b1949d8a1406df99362b1d79bb9.jpeg

I read “Gypsy Boy”. A book written by a gay gipsy bloke who basically had 7 shades kicked out of him by his family to make him straight. He dished the dirt telling of all their tricks, putting petrol in old tarmac to “thin it out”. As the article says, it would last until it rained. My elderly stupid brother answered the door to a cold caller re his roof. Blow me he needed a new one! And he fecking agreed!! I moved in to my 150 year old house 30 years ago and got a roofer in for some new slates. Apparently I needed a new roof as well! Its still water tight. I now put any stray slates in myself

3 minutes ago, westphalian said:

I read “Gypsy Boy”. A book written by a gay gipsy bloke who basically had 7 shades kicked out of him by his family to make him straight. He dished the dirt telling of all their tricks, putting petrol in old tarmac to “thin it out”. As the article says, it would last until it rained. My elderly stupid brother answered the door to a cold caller re his roof. Blow me he needed a new one! And he fecking agreed!! I moved in to my 150 year old house 30 years ago and got a roofer in for some new tiles. Apparently I needed a new roof as well! Its still water tight. I now put any stray tile in myself

I read that book, illuminating and disturbing.

3 minutes ago, westphalian said:

I read “Gypsy Boy”. A book written by a gay gipsy bloke who basically had 7 shades kicked out of him by his family to make him straight. He dished the dirt telling of all their tricks, putting petrol in old tarmac to “thin it out”. As the article says, it would last until it rained. My elderly stupid brother answered the door to a cold caller re his roof. Blow me he needed a new one! And he fecking agreed!! I moved in to my 150 year old house 30 years ago and got a roofer in for some new tiles. Apparently I needed a new roof as well! Its still water tight. I now put any stray tile in myself

Good book. If it's to be believed he came from a fighting family and wasn't a fighter.