Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

Katie Hopkins, did she go to America after the listening figures at LBC went through the floor when her show was on? JRM, as he been sidelined from the Brexit negotiations?

Is Mrs May really heading Brexit now?

Where has the money come from to give public sector workers a pay rise.

There’s still plenty of waste & ineptitude within departments that can be hatchetted out to fund this from within existing departmental budgets

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I'm sure there is. Why do you think it's happened now?

Pre-election propaganda?

Labour promise to dish the sweeties out to garner favour - usually more targeted by Labour though, plenty in public sector have no liking for Toriies, 1% unlikely to change that. 

Dunno, what I would say though, it’s about time the ‘public sector’ wasn’t treated as 1 outfit so far as pay rises go. It’s so diverse that to treat it as 1 entity is madness....

6 minutes ago, westphalian said:

Ok, we have Trump apologists on here but if there is anyone that thinks JRM is anything more than a pathetic left over of the English class system can they please show their colours

I think he's a thoroughly decent chap who's got the best interests of the country at heart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Ok, we have Trump apologists on here but if there is anyone that thinks JRM is anything more than a pathetic left over of the English class system can they please show their colours

Ok, I’ll bite.....
He’s not my favourite politician, but....
I like the way he didn’t lose his bottle when confronted face to face with ‘loons’ a while back.
Not frightened to speak his mind, which puts him in a much higher bracket than most of the chameleon, shape-shifting vote grabbers on the other side of the house.
He actually demonstrates a good grasp of the subject matter when speaking. (Compare that with Dianne Abbott)
Who would do a better job of running the country.... JRM or Corbyn? I know where I would put my money.
  • Like 3

actually I cannot deny that what you say is true but I just don't want a toff running the country who has no idea how the rest of the 95% live.

Corbyn speaks his mind also but for me I would like someone more in the middle of the two, ie just about every other politician