Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, westphalian said:

51b5eced-e55d-43fa-95f8-64cf9439c7e5.jpg

The thing is, there are seemingly intelligent people that believe he isn't. That said, they post links to Infowars, or maybe not so often since Alex Jones got caught with his pants down.

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Like 1

On 19/07/2018 at 17:32, eggsarascal said:

The thing is, there are seemingly intelligent people that believe he isn't. That said, they post links to Infowars, or maybe not so often since Alex Jones got caught with his pants down.

Just seen an ad on BBC for a prog due to start Sunday I think. “Travels in Trumpland” with Ed Balls. 

The trailer looke ACE! Can’t wait, it’ll be a hoot!!

On 18/07/2018 at 15:22, Haironyourchest said:

Trump Derangement Syndrome. Yes, I was challenged by serve/searve - thick as fuck you see...still, we try our best. Climate change? Not caused by humans, natural, cyclical, dictated by fluctuations in solar output. And even if, hypothetically, it was caused by us, green tech and taxing fossil fuels won't make an iota of difference, it's just an excuse for more government control over the energy sector and economy generally. Trump has brokered peace with NK, Russia, resurrected the US economy, sorted out the illegal immigration problem in his country, put a conservative (soon 2) on the supreme court, and is now clawing back some of his citizen's wealth that was essentially given away by former administations to other countries in crap trade deals. The USA was on a path of slow managed decline under Obama, Trump has reversed that decline. He's the exact opposite of incompetent. He did what very very few politicians ever do - honoured his promises. You darn well better believe I'm a backer (said with a southern drawl) Edit: watching "The Apprentice" right now, as it happens! Very astute psychologist as well. He thinks deeply, doesn't always verbalise well, we (the backers) forgive him. 

'brokered NK peace deal" - Do you know something we don't, because the last time I checked there is no NK nuke deal.   Kim got his photo op (what he wanted), and went back to building bombs. 

"resurrected the US economy" - Obama had the longest jobs growth streak in American history (75 straight months).  6 of the 8 years under Obama the yearly jobs creation numbers were greater than Trumps first year. Our current streak of positive economic growth is 103 months long. Thats 85 months under Obama, and 18 months under Trump? 

"sorted out the immigration problems" - No wall (so much for promises). Zero legislation. Kidnapping children with no plan to return them to their parents? It fixes nothing. Nada!

"clawing back some of his citizen's wealth" - Tell that to the literally thousands of farmers and manufacturers that are already feeling the very real, negative effects of his insane "trade war". If he keeps it up, Trump will be responsible for bringing one of the best economic runs in our history to a screeching halt. 

I do apologize for buggering up this conversation with a few facts!

I am new around here and swore I was just gonna post pics and vids, and was not gonna get involved in anything political. Why am I so freakin' weak?

Edited by Erik
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1