Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Whilst recognising, and with the greatest of respect for the right to protest, can’t help thinking it’s a shame they didn’t round up all those protestors and survey how many of the anti-establishment, anarchist, hippy, wasters were simultaneously funding their existence off the back of the giro in turn funded by the tax payer - what with it being a workday an that.....

Imagine the boost to national productivity (and reduction in social ‘security’ bill) if all those that ‘could’ be working actually were working instead of clogging up the streets having a party.

It’s almost as if a solution to so many problems presented itself all in one place, all at the same time! There was the unskilled manual labour that we are ‘supposedly’ reliant upon immigration for...  There was the myth that we are reliant upon immigrant labour debunked, there was the solution to exponential population growth placing additional demand upon services and infrastructure....

10’s of 1000’s of fit and able bodies to be put to work! If only there had been a squad of Boris / JRM / Trump robots with cattle prods shepherding them through a registration and induction process, they could all have been in the fields and factories of this green and pleasant land putting their shoulder to the wheel instead of whining like cry babies....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Whilst recognising, and with the greatest of respect for the right to protest, can’t help thinking it’s a shame they didn’t round up all those protestors and survey how many of the anti-establishment, anarchist, hippy, wasters were simultaneously funding their existence off the back of the giro in turn funded by the tax payer - what with it being a workday an that.....

Imagine the boost to national productivity (and reduction in social ‘security’ bill) if all those that ‘could’ be working actually were working instead of clogging up the streets having a party.

It’s almost as if a solution to so many problems presented itself all in one place, all at the same time! There was the unskilled manual labour that we are ‘supposedly’ reliant upon immigration for...  There was the myth that we are reliant upon immigrant labour debunked, there was the solution to exponential population growth placing additional demand upon services and infrastructure....

10’s of 1000’s of fit and able bodies to be put to work! If only there had been a squad of Boris / JRM / Trump robots with cattle prods shepherding them through a registration and induction process, they could all have been in the fields and factories of this green and pleasant land putting their shoulder to the wheel instead of whining like cry babies....
Kevin, I know your not stupid enough to think anyone who is anti trump doesnt work?

Sure there are a tiny fraction of people who career protest but from my experience it's a tiny tiny percent or people at protests.

I think your definitely jumping to conclusions about the 'anti-establishment, anarchist, hippy'. In my experience there are alot of highly motivated grafters in amongst a few loafers. Kinda like most walks of life really.
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

A bit rum, coming from someone who went to London to protest about Tommy Robinson being sent to prison, even though he pleaded guilty.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

A bit rum, coming from someone who went to London to protest about Tommy Robinson being sent to prison, even though he pleaded guilty.

A - it was a Saturday!

B - had it been a work day, it would have been at MY expense not anyone else’s. 

C - I was hoping you’d fall for the click-bait ?. Can you imagine the scene though? Jack-booted JRM robots marshalling the great unwashed into ‘re-education’ pens.... A  sight for sore eyes!! ???

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billpierce said:

Kevin, I know your not stupid enough to think anyone who is anti trump doesnt work?

Sure there are a tiny fraction of people who career protest but from my experience it's a tiny tiny percent or people at protests.

I think your definitely jumping to conclusions about the 'anti-establishment, anarchist, hippy'. In my experience there are alot of highly motivated grafters in amongst a few loafers. Kinda like most walks of life really.

I’m offended by your assumption of my lack of stupidity..... ?

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Sounds like the 'Free Tommy' march could have benefitted from the same treatment.

Seems like Egg beat me to it.

As for workdays, plenty of people work weekends.  Especially those on zero hour contracts.

Edited by Mark J