Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

47 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Could it be a symptom of government (whichever colour / flavour) lacking the moral fibre and being too worried / influenced by media, social media, “so-called” public opinion to take the tough decisions necessary to run a country. You can’t just react to whoever shouts the loudest because to do so is to ignore the quiet majority. 

Handled very badly, yes. Shot them selves in the foot, yes. 

Should illegal immigrants (or to soften the language for the delicate) those that have arrived without papers, those that have over-stayed, or those that have broken the law thus invalidating the PRIVILEDGE of visiting bestowed upon them, be removed. Hell yes - white, brown, yellow, pink, Martian, whatever. It’s not a race issue it’s the law of the land. The only sane alternative would be to unilaterally dismantle the entire Customs & Border agency and save ourselves the money and bother of even pretending to try to uphold the law. 

There shouldnt be a scandal about deportation targets, it should be absolutely clear to everyone:

100% removal of those without legal recourse to be here - or just say Buck it, come all as wish to we’ll sort the infrastructure out afterwards.....

Probably the best, most sensible post on this subject since it was started!:thumbup:

6 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Could it be a symptom of government (whichever colour / flavour) lacking the moral fibre and being too worried / influenced by media, social media, “so-called” public opinion to take the tough decisions necessary to run a country. You can’t just react to whoever shouts the loudest because to do so is to ignore the quiet majority. 

Handled very badly, yes. Shot them selves in the foot, yes. 

Should illegal immigrants (or to soften the language for the delicate) those that have arrived without papers, those that have over-stayed, or those that have broken the law thus invalidating the PRIVILEDGE of visiting bestowed upon them, be removed. Hell yes - white, brown, yellow, pink, Martian, whatever. It’s not a race issue it’s the law of the land. The only sane alternative would be to unilaterally dismantle the entire Customs & Border agency and save ourselves the money and bother of even pretending to try to uphold the law. 

There shouldnt be a scandal about deportation targets, it should be absolutely clear to everyone:

100% removal of those without legal recourse to be here - or just say Buck it, come all as wish to we’ll sort the infrastructure out afterwards.....

I agree that anyone here illegally should be repatriated as soon as it's safe to do so.
I do think that lying about having targets is worthy of a scandal.  I don't want (and I realise that it's highly unlikely to ever happen) politicians who willfully lie.

I don't get the targets thing.

Surely it should be 100%?

No one would be happy if the law said the target was to catch a certain amount of murderers every year would they? You'd like to think they would at least try to catch them all.

• Thanks 1

I presume to attempt to make headway on the vast backlog of illegals.

Like eating an elephant, one bite at a time.

But, most probably, to allow senior Civil servants to claim "efficiency/performance" bonuses.

If the self-set "targets" were met.

cynically yours,

mth

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, difflock said:

I presume to attempt to make headway on the vast backlog of illegals.

Like eating an elephant, one bite at a time.

But, most probably, to allow senior Civil servants to claim "efficiency/performance" bonuses.

If the self-set "targets" were met.

cynically yours,

mth

........ And, chasing after the older generation 'darkies', (who we needed to restart the country, in a time that unemployment was almost zero) is easier than chasing after young fit, (mainly males) from all over the world.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

........ And, chasing after the older generation 'darkies', (who we needed to restart the country, in a time that unemployment was almost zero) is easier than chasing after young fit, (mainly males) from all over the world.

What appears to be going unreported Mr E, is that, over the decades, and with governments of differing flavours, at each point where regularisation rules have been upgraded, notices have been issued to all of those that might be adversely effected, in advance of the changes so as to allow them to take appropriate measures. 

It’s all very well being too laid back to be bothered with admin and hassle, and maybe, rather than national racism, it is the very laid back nature of certain demographics that is at the root of the apparent pay gap, which the passive aggressive “real” racists such as DA, appear to wish to conflate with whatever current cause celeb they are promoting. 

I wonder if the habitually laid back will be too idle to riot by the end of the rabble rousing and media grand-standing?

I’m not registered at the local NHS dentist (out of choice.). Think I’ll go smash the place up for not looking at my ivories....

3 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

I don't get the targets thing.

Surely it should be 100%?

No one would be happy if the law said the target was to catch a certain amount of murderers every year would they? You'd like to think they would at least try to catch them all.

Thank you Mark!!! not just me thinking this way!!!:thumbup:

We live in a world of utter bullshit, spin and PC bollocks!!!!!!!!! I'm sick of it.

Some one drops a fag end in town and gets an £80 fine, hundreds release 100's of balloons for the very sad death of a child and thats fine???????? WTF???????????????????

• Like 5

Just seen on the news that Scotland has introduced the minimum charge for alcohol "to significantly cut the number of alcohol related deaths".

So shoplifting will increase,muggings & burglaries to get the money will increase.People will be driving over the border to England on booze cruises.

At the moment the extra money goes to the retailer,how long will it be before it goes to the government?

I’ve often thought that requiring people to shed the same amount of body weight as the weight of plastic they waste a year (or have any deficit surgically removed) would solve more than one problem.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bluebedouin said:

Just seen on the news that Scotland has introduced the minimum charge for alcohol "to significantly cut the number of alcohol related deaths".

So shoplifting will increase,muggings & burglaries to get the money will increase.People will be driving over the border to England on booze cruises.

At the moment the extra money goes to the retailer,how long will it be before it goes to the government?

I just can't see how it's fair on Scottish people that drink alcohol responsibly. 

• Like 1