Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

10 hours ago, skyhuck said:

His sort are so far up their own arse, they think they are 100% correct, their narrative of life is correct and all dessenters have some sinister, liberal agenda.

Well.. god.. one could write a thesis based on that exclamation but I'll keep succinct.

Obviously that's your opinion and fair enough but you can't argue with the fact that most conservatives at some point were liberal before they became conservative. Rare that it goes the other way...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skyhuck said:

It really makes no difference either way, he see silence as agreement.

His sort are so far up their own arse, they think they are 100% correct, their narrative of life is correct and all dessenters have some sinister, liberal agenda.

So why waste your time trying to change him? He is just trying to provoke a response like all trolls.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

It’s missing the point if they have been paying taxes all these years! I’d rather the nhs give medical treatment to people that work and pay taxes (whatever passport they have or don’t have) Than treat the work shy idiots this country has far too many of!!

How do you know they "have been paying taxes all these years"? 

Dont get me wrong, if they've been here fifty years and been working all that time they should be allowed to stay. However if they've not been working that long or have a criminal record they should be deported...

When you watch the news just look at the news stories that paint white people in a bad light and brown people as victims. The windrush story is a fairly typical story as it shows white people as racist and brown people as victims.. There are 400 "Brits" that have come back to Britain after fighting with Islamic State. I think we'd all agree that's a more important story than this windrush story, however the media rarely mention it.... Because it shows brown people in a negative light....

11 minutes ago, felixthelogchopper said:

So why waste your time trying to change him? He is just trying to provoke a response like all trolls.

Ohhhh, what other groups in history have tried to shut down debate? Are you really happy standing beside the likes of the Nazis in shutting down debate? It's almost as if you don't have any confidence in your own arguments?

How do you know they "have been paying taxes all these years"? 

Dont get me wrong, if they've been here fifty years and been working all that time they should be allowed to stay. However if they've not been working that long or have a criminal record they should be deported...

When you watch the news just look at the news stories that paint white people in a bad light and brown people as victims. The windrush story is a fairly typical story as it shows white people as racist and brown people as victims.. There are 400 "Brits" that have come back to Britain after fighting with Islamic State. I think we'd all agree that's a more important story than this windrush story, however the media rarely mention it.... Because it shows brown people in a negative light....

You see colours I see people some good some not so good and some complete morons.
I’ve lived in the countryside all my life or very close to it. Maybe if I’d grown up in the middle of a big city I’d feel differently, I doubt it though
  • Like 2

You see colours I see people some good some not so good and some complete morons.
I’ve lived in the countryside all my life or very close to it. Maybe if I’d grown up in the middle of a big city I’d feel differently, I doubt it though

Matelot concentrates on the bad side of immigration only, mainly because the bad side of things are usually, well, bad! Can’t argue with that really!
He’s an intelligent guy, adds a lot of interesting debate.
Just a shame that he often comes across as being a fud.

I remember these 'good old days ' an they were not great at all . Now I enjoy the wider food , music , theater and cultural differences these ' immigrants ' have brought over - this is never mentioned by certain ' politicians ' but I bet they would be the first to bleat over no 24 hr garages , no hospital cleaners and getting a 6month wait n yr extension being built ! K

• Like 1

The daft thing about bigoted prats like matelot is their obvious, blatant racism makes normal, fair minded people reluctant to sanction even sensible measures to control immigration.

I'm sure the islamic terrorists and illegal immigrants consider matelot and his type as "useful idiots".

• Like 4

The problem is you're arguing from two totally different standpoints. One view is immigration is good, the other is it's bad when there are arguments for and against both points. There is no definitive answer. 

I think, to a degree, immigration is definitely good, to a degree. My Mrs is not white, nor English and my dad was an immigrant.... However, you gotta admit the capital city of this country is no longer English and that is not right. I'm not saying it's no longer white, (although it isn't) I lived there for 5 years and there are lots of decent people from all ethnicities that consider themselves, and I considered them to be English and that really is a good thing IMO. But it's not the general rule now. There are lot of cities in this country now where the people that occupy them do not consider themselves English at all and worse still, disrespect the society which they chose to live in to find a better life and that pisses me off.  

Edited by forestboy1978
  • Like 3