Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

22 minutes ago, matelot said:

Other big news is that everyone is going on about the "windrush" immigrants. Seemingly some people have been here for fifty plus years and they've never applied for British passports but are still British....

Go back far enough and were all immigrants...

• Like 2

Isn't it something like 40 percent of Americans have never been out of the state they were born in, (or did I make that up?),never mind out of the USA. what the feck having no passport has got to do with anything is beyond me. Most of the windrush immigrants have worked hard and paid into the system.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Isn't it something like 40 percent of Americans have never been out of the state they were born in, (or did I make that up?),never mind out of the USA. what the feck having no passport has got to do with anything is beyond me. Most of the windrush immigrants have worked hard and paid into the system.

You really think someone would come to the UK as a kid and never go home to see family or see where their roots are? They do have passports... Just not British ones....

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, matelot said:

You really think someone would come to the UK as a kid and never go home to see family or see where their roots are? They do have passports... Just not British ones....

You really are a moron.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, matelot said:

10 minutes ago, matelot said:

And you've got the face to call others "Master Bakers". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

You really are a moron.

How many people in the UK have never been abroad? Yet we're meant to believe all these windrush immigrants came here 50 years ago and have never went back "home" to see grandparents or been abroad for a holiday etc....

I believe you're the moron here.

Just now, matelot said:

How many people in the UK have never been abroad? Yet we're meant to believe all these windrush immigrants came here 50 years ago and have never went back "home" to see grandparents or been abroad for a holiday etc....

My wife is 45 and has never been abroad. You have to be one of the most ignorant people I have ever had the misfortune to encounter.

• Like 6

Just now, matelot said:

They've  paid tax and NI. We know how long they have been here. Remember when the Governmet wated to send the Ghurkas back?

Over to you.

3 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

My wife is 45 and has never been abroad. You have to be one of the most ignorant people I have ever had the misfortune to encounter.

Maybe you should be booking some plane tickets then?

I don't know any adult that's never been abroad....