Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I can believe you could see Emily play but Timon? Was he born then? I was 16 and humming it on my RE 250. I lost interest when Gilmore joined.

I was 3yrs old when ‘massed gadgets’ was being performed in ‘68, so no, I never saw Emily play. I was into psychedelics during my punk days in the early 80’s. I hated the ‘stadium rock’ aspect of Pink Floyd but liked the Barratt era.
  • Like 1

Timon, it seems to me you've swapped one addiction for another one. YOU stopped yourself being a drug addict NOT God. Faith might have helped but it was something you would have concurred anyway imho.

Not at all. I doubt if you would think that if you met me. I have a strong faith and I’m not ashamed of it, I’m not into forcing my opinions on people. I’m not some kind of religious nutcase. I know people who have given up drugs without faith. Not many but they are out there. I believe my faith gives me a depth of freedom and a richness of life that I wouldn’t have without it.
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, TIMON said:

Not at all. I doubt if you would think that if you met me. I have a strong faith and I’m not ashamed of it, I’m not into forcing my opinions on people. I’m not some kind of religious nutcase. I know people who have given up drugs without faith. Not many but they are out there. I believe my faith gives me a depth of freedom and a richness of life that I wouldn’t have without it.

If religion makes you a better version of yourself and your not preaching to others every 5 minutes id say its a good thing....

Not for me but i dont go on about it either...

I firmly believe in do what makes you happy...

• Like 8

Agreed. I'm a fervent atheist and one of the people I admire most in the world is a Jamaican Adventist preacher. The dude is sheer class and never preached one  word to me if you discount apologies for the occasional prayer in my direction. God knows whether without his devotion to his faith he'd be the person he is but I always looked up to him and I don't look up to anyone really. 

As long as it does no harm to others then whatever give you peace is not my business, or interest. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TIMON said:

I believe my faith gives me a depth of freedom and a richness of life that I wouldn’t have without it.

Can't knock that or the sentiments behind it, plus its pretty well said..  well done..

I've condensed all my old beliefs into a word.. just the one..   Truth.   that one word for me is like God to you..  

If ever you're all at sea and lose your faith, then cling to that word and you wont go far wrong...   its the immovable rock in a sea of troubles... 

• Like 1