Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Yep any fool can see it's unsustainable. When you crunch the numbers you have to conclude that it must be some kind of planned sabotage to society.

It makes zero sense and any high school kid could tell you it is not sustainable.  

IMHO, EU immigration is all about Government bowing down to big business and importing workers that accept rubbish pay and conditions....

I just wish the media were a little more vocal about telling the great British public how much immigration actually costs the taxpayer.... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

There’s a separate thread in it!

Youre stuck in a nuclear bunker for the next 30 years, which Arbtalkee would you take with you to:

(a) talk

(b) batter

(c) recreate with

(c)’s are gonna be a bit thin on the ground but there was that post that referenced weapons, lingerie and lube....

?

After pondering on this all night :D

a) I did consider Stubby, as he seems such a cheerful affable fellow. But then, thirty years is a long time and he'd probably die and I'd have to deal with a stinking decomposing corpse! (sorry Stubby) - So, starting again, I think that anyone who has posted in the 'Over 50' thread is automatically out of the game. I'm going to have to reconsider my answer.

b) Batter! That's easy :D But then again the same issues arise with a stinking corpse.

c) There's such a shortage of the fairer sex here this is difficult. Initially your prospect would appear a suitable candidate, but I believe that she's a tree officer! It would never work. The age old disparities of TO/Contractor would be unlikely to be overcome in such an environment (when do you meet one that ever agrees with anything that you've said?) said we'd probably end up with the same issues as a) and b):lol::lol:

If the choice of room mates is strictly limited to AT members, I'm fast coming to the conclusion that there may only be two options.

i) Go it alone and have none.

ii) Sell the shelter and have a pint with Vesp9_9

I did consider Mr Humpheries to talk to - 30 years to learn mycology. Maybe too much of a good thingO.o

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

After pondering on this all night :D

a) I did consider Stubby, as he seems such a cheerful affable fellow. But then, thirty years is a long time and he'd probably die and I'd have to deal with a stinking decomposing corpse! (sorry Stubby) - So, starting again, I think that anyone who has posted in the 'Over 50' thread is automatically out of the game. I'm going to have to reconsider my answer.

b) Batter! That's easy :D But then again the same issues arise with a stinking corpse.

c) There's such a shortage of the fairer sex here this is difficult. Initially your prospect would appear a suitable candidate, but I believe that she's a tree officer! It would never work. The age old disparities of TO/Contractor would be unlikely to be overcome in such an environment (when do you meet one that ever agrees with anything that you've said?) said we'd probably end up with the same issues as a) and b):lol::lol:

If the choice of room mates is strictly limited to AT members, I'm fast coming to the conclusion that there may only be two options.

i) Go it alone and have none.

ii) Sell the shelter and have a pint with Vesp9_9

I did consider Mr Humpheries to talk to - 30 years to learn mycology. Maybe too much of a good thingO.o

Legend!  That is brilliant!

5 hours ago, matelot said:

IMHO, EU immigration is all about Government bowing down to big business and importing workers that accept rubbish pay and conditions...

If they are on the national living wage for an unskilled job I’m not sure you can say they are on a rubbish wage, surely it is proportionate to the job they are doing?

Id be interested in seeing the jobs they are partaking in and comparing the numbers of unskilled immigrants in work against the number of UK nationals 2 parents with 2 kids where both parents are on the dole and have no intentions of working to see which scenario is costing us more?

I know you like to beat the immigration drum but a lot of the time they are doing jobs we won’t, not can’t but won’t. 

This isn’t me defending unskilled immigration by the way, Just thought I’d offer another slant to the situation, personally think a points system ala Australia should be enforced but hey ho. 

• Like 4

I think that adding another problem is not helping solve an existing one. 

Go massively harder on welfare claimants so they HAVE to do the jobs that are available to them and control immigration by making any welfare claimed a loan to the immigrants. 

It's utter crap anyway. There is simply no excuse for an able bodied person to not have a job and never has been unless they are mentally deficient. In which case then they should be entitled to welfare, unlike the career benefit scroungers. 

3 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Legend!  That is brilliant!

I started to realise that actually surviving a nuclear war and spending 20-30 years in a fall-out shelter may not actually be the best option. This was during my perusal of the statistics (weight) of the participants of another thread 'Do you actually lift, Bro?', while I mulling the thought that if the worse comes to the worse, and food supplies ran low, you might resort to eating your companions :scared1: (Big J and the subbie climber who works a lot in Germany seem high contenders :laugh1:)

The celebs on Desert Island Discs never have these issues to contend with.

1 hour ago, Gary Prentice said:

I started to realise that actually surviving a nuclear war and spending 20-30 years in a fall-out shelter may not actually be the best option. This was during my perusal of the statistics (weight) of the participants of another thread 'Do you actually lift, Bro?', while I mulling the thought that if the worse comes to the worse, and food supplies ran low, you might resort to eating your companions :scared1: (Big J and the subbie climber who works a lot in Germany seem high contenders :laugh1:)

Yes , but which 8 gramophone records would you take with you ?

2 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

• Haha 2