Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

9 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

(1) I'm not confident that the party has sufficiently defined itself post referendum / post Farage.  It is still a necessary 'check & balance' for the Tories in this pre-Brexit era but internal turmoil and the absence of a sufficiently suitable leadership team is not presenting a consolidated stance - hence, my membership (perhaps temporarily) was not renewed.  Where will we be in 6 months time?  With Johnson, Mogg, Gove etc in pole positions in the Tory party there is some heavy weight grunt behind the Brexit momentum, despite May's idling (a similar rock/hard place.)  There's potential for UKIP to merge with the anti-EU brigade of the Tories....  Who knows....

(2) No.  Does it go something like:  

"...Blah, blah, blah, not on my watch, I won't stand for it neither will Ken, no recommendations in the Chakrabarti Inquiry, but I'll wait another 2 years before doing nothing about there not be any recommendations 2 years ago which, obviously, we haven't implemented, blah, blah, blah, solidarity, no surrender, we all stand together, not on my watch, peace out.....?"    

Do I need to read it.....?

1)  They're evidently crying out for a leader of your calibre.  Why not do something you believe in?

2) Well you'll never know till you try it.

19 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

I suppose we'll never know, but I would like to know what percentage of the muslim population in the west truly condemns this kind of thing - the sexual predation, as well as ISIS murders. No point in circulating a questionnaire I suppose. 

Tbh, I don't think there is any widespread condemnation of terrorist attacks etc by the wider Muslim community... It either shows mainstream Muslims are too scared to criticise the extremists or they approve of what they're doing. 

I think standing up for the rights of "others" is really only a white idea..... 

It's interesting noting the difference in media reporting when different groups are attacked. After Manchester the media attitude was "let's all hold hands and sing songs". If there is mobile phone footage of some white chav shouting abuse at a brown person the media response is "look at this disgusting white racist". The main problem with racism in Europe is racism against white people... However the media bang on about racist whites....