Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

41 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

A new drug is patented for a period of time so that the manufacturer can recoup R&D costs, then it goes to open licence.  Take paracetamol for example. There are now a load of generic types, even widely available from the supermarket for pence.

Tip of the bleeding iceberg mate,.... you'll live longer if you stay away from anything your GP want's to sell you.......oh!... yeah ..and the cost's already covered by your taxes...

How many in house of lords have shares in GSK etc...Sickness and ill-health  is probably the best place to put your money at the moment...By design ?       

It’s a common misconception, the percentage of managers to workers is rather small, it’s around 4%. 

One could argue not enough. 

Its a misconception because there are a lot of administrative staff. 

Well they say managers but it could mean any admin staff. I don’t know.
I do know they all say it, so there must be something in it.

3 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

Well they say managers but it could mean any admin staff. I don’t know.
I do know they all say it, so there must be something in it.

But there isn’t it’s a misconception 4% of managers in the 5th largest employer in the world is hardly over managed. 

2 hours ago, onetruth said:

Bogof on amputations, that sort of thing?

Funnily enough the woodland burial place near me was advertising buy-one-get-one-free on funerals last year!

Exactly.

You know those jobs where you rock up with all the kit and it’s been an awkward one to price because you know that you’ll be done by 2.30 so you price it for a day and get it anyway?

Then the neighbour comes out and asks about a small conny fell that would normally be £200.

’£150 if we do it right now.’

’Great!’

Kerrching!

You win, the neighbour wins, we all win!

The NHS wins, the government wins, the country wins! Hurrah!

Making efficient use of available resources. It’s a winner for everyone!

• Like 1

But there isn’t it’s a misconception 4% of managers in the 5th largest employer in the world is hardly over managed. 

That’s fine I’m just relaying what people tell me. Something is wrong. I don’t know what it is.
Besides that. Most NHS staff are highly educated and should need very little “management”.
Maybe they don’t like it as these I talk to have been consultants for years and maybe used to do things their own way and don’t like being managed now.

2 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

That’s fine I’m just relaying what people tell me. Something is wrong. I don’t know what it is.
Besides that. Most NHS staff are highly educated and should need very little “management”.
Maybe they don’t like it as these I talk to have been consultants for years and maybe used to do things their own way and don’t like being managed now.

There isn’t A problem there are many. 

Most if not all public bodies/services/companies have a yearly budget April to April, let’s say £100 for easy reckoning of in March they have spent £80 they will go out and spend the remaining £20 as if they don’t next years budget from the gov will be £80 so we have wasted £20. They should get the same budget regardless and be allowed to save the £20 for reinvestment or extra staff etc. 

Councils repairing potholes in march comes to mind, perhaps if they had a 5 year budget in line with a gov term they could relay roads and save money on repairs in years 4 and 5. 

6 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Agreed Wes, most, if not all, public sector employees benefit from annual incremental increases - I can’t believe it hasn’t been exposed when the unions are banging on about the pay cap. 

And how how many of those agency staff are the very same full time NHS employees?

The ones banging on about the cap are normally at the top of their band, like I said like for like workers aren’t on great money but hours, pension, sick pay etc make it an ok package. 

If a band has 7 yearly increments one could also look at it as for 6 years your underpaid given that they have budgeted for the top of every band per specific band to job. 

59 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

Yes, I am far too stuck up.

Remind me to howl in merriment at your next mass slaughter rib tickler.

Perpetually offended faggots like you are what's wrong with society.

It'll all come crashing down when you get arrested for scratching your balls after forgetting some pc nut job like yourself decided it was a hate crime. 

• Sad 2