Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

7 hours ago, the village idiot said:

Come on people, you're much cleverer than this.

Tbh, the way I see it is that people are clever enough to see that places like Africa are more or less a lost cause... People are clever enough to see that no matter how much aid we give to Africa it doesn't seem to make a long term difference. People are also clever enough to see that "African" areas in places like London are rubbish places to stay.

Honestly, lecturing people that all the races are the same just makes you look stupid. Anyone with half a brain can look at the world and see that the races are different....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the village idiot said:

Come on people, you're much cleverer than this.

Of course were are tvi.

Were well aware that countries such as Kenya,Tanzania,South Africa etc arent in the same situation as places such as Somalia but were not ploughing millions of pounds in to those countries are we?

Id be interested to see how many other African nations are helping there sister countries with aid each year.

Heres the problem for me in a nutshell.

We give aid to third world nations when we have third world housing estates in our own country.

I bet anyone reading this can name a housing estate or an area in there own city thats deprived, run down and desperatley in need of aid.

Charity begins at home.

Help the homless, help the aged,help the less abled or physically challenged first.

Aid for Africa is a wasted billions and has been for decades...

• Like 1

Except the only cure for our indigenous brand new but slum estates, is to nuke them complete, with residents therein.

Any and all previous attempts to relocate so-called families* from problem neighbourhoods to better neighbourhoods, to "give them a chance" has merely resulted in the rapid slumming down of these previously unpolluted neighbourhoods.

That is how pollution works.

*And of course the "family" unit is sacrosanct, no matter how absolutly criminally dysfunctional individuals within the unit are, or the pervasive influence they have on those living with them.

imho

based on 50 years worth of N I observations. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Your sayin everyone who lives in poverty in a run down estate is a a criminal or part of a problem/dysfunctional family.

Just not the case ime

Quite long winded considering you could have summed it up in one word, like...... Cobblers.

• Haha 1

Your sayin everyone who lives in poverty in a run down estate is a a criminal or part of a problem/dysfunctional family.
Just not the case ime

No it’s not true that everyone is as bad. Buy what he said is true. It’s been tried here too. Moving people from bad council estates into “better” areas. All that happened was the “nice”families moved out and over a couple of years the road turned into the same type of area they were moved out of.
I do agree though that these housing estates get a bad name from a small minority of people.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

No it’s not true that everyone is as bad. Buy what he said is true. It’s been tried here too. Moving people from bad council estates into “better” areas. All that happened was the “nice”families moved out and over a couple of years the road turned into the same type of area they were moved out of.
I do agree though that these housing estates get a bad name from a small minority of people.

I didnt say move families i said we should be helping to improve the lives of impoverished families etc in run down areas.

• Like 1

The problem we have in the west is moral poverty, not monetary. Compared to our peasant ancestors even the poorest live like royalty today. Its a lack of moral fiber, backbone, horse sense, willpower, smarts, whatever you wanna call it. The deficit comes from poor parenting by parents who themselves were poorly parented and so on, since the industrial revolution. Also environmental pressure and TV. The youth being caged indoors and in school when they should be working the fields or forest from the age of seven. Combine that with a modern liberal snowflake policy that refuses to punish anyone....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

The problem we have in the west is moral poverty, not monetary. Compared to our peasant ancestors even the poorest live like royalty today. Its a lack of moral fiber, backbone, horse sense, willpower, smarts, whatever you wanna call it. The deficit comes from poor parenting by parents who themselves were poorly parented and so on, since the industrial revolution. Also environmental pressure and TV. The youth being caged indoors and in school when they should be working the fields or forest from the age of seven. Combine that with a modern liberal snowflake policy that refuses to punish anyone....

What???   Utter drivel....

So we cure inequality and poverty by making 7 year olds work in the fields?

Id agree to an extent that poor parenting and kids having kids is a factor in some of our issues but you cant compare the culture from 300 years ago to modern society.

40 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

What???   Utter drivel....

So we cure inequality and poverty by making 7 year olds work in the fields?

Id agree to an extent that poor parenting and kids having kids is a factor in some of our issues but you cant compare the culture from 300 years ago to modern society.

Dude, I'm 336 years old. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4