Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

14 minutes ago, Mark J said:

https://africacheck.org/reports/are-white-afrikaners-really-being-killed-like-flies/

Like most things, it's good to either research things a little, or to have friends over there.  People in general are killed at a higher rate in SA.  Regardless of the colour of their skin.  Cherry pick all you like.

Yup Zuma's a nasty piece of work.  Suggesting Lynching indicates you're a bit of a knacker. 

Give me strength, its not the numbers that count but why white south africans are being maimed and murdered..  to spread terror in their community to make em leave the land..

Jocob Zuma and his ilk are attempting to disposes the whites of their farms. because these farmers are white..   how much more racist can you get?..

Look at Rhodisia, look what happened there, and is still happening there.. white farmers being disposesed because they are white. disposesed by black racists..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

Probably because the agency lads will only work an 8-hour day.

Agency guys are on hourly rate, and don't know the round so will be slower than the driver who gets paid by the drop so will try to do as many as possible in one day, so yes he will work faster and do a longer day and need 2 guys to cover his round. I did a month or so for DHL one winter 10 years ago as an agency cover driver, if you show any competence as an agency guy they just put more on you for the day.

The main problem with these jobs is that when people take them they see the money that can potentially be made, but they don't take into account that you're self employed. If we as self employed workers whether tree related, or ground workers, are sick we don't get paid end of. The problem here is that these guys will take the extra wedge for the self employed status, but then if they get health issues wonder why there's no sick pay etc that PAYE staff get. The answer being that the PAYE Staff are paid less in the first place to cover this. I think there was a plumber working under similar rules who took Pimlico Plumbers to court over this? After years of being paid over the odds, cus he was self employed by them. Work interruption insurance is what you should have so if you get ill or your kit gets nicked you still get something.

But as earlier these franchise/self employed deals are wrong they're a scam so the company has lower costs and fewer responsibilities, whilst the employee/agent has basically to work for them as if employed by them, I can't really see how they get it past the Revenue as self employed. But they do so hey ho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42953979

Always enjoyed his performance in one of my favourite shows.

What troubles me most about the demise of John Mahoney is that when he first played the role of Frasier’s father he was younger than I am now!

Edited by Mick Dempsey

6 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

I agree no one was forced to sign the contracts, but when times are hard with no money coming in you'd be surprised what people will do.

And what's the idea of putting two drivers on a round to cover one persons work?

Do you know how much a delivery driver earns? If you dont you cant really comment on how fair this "fine" is for taking a day off work...

We've all worked with people that take days off sick because they fancy a day in bed. You can't really run a delivery company if drivers take days off sick all the time.. We'd all be complaining if delivery companies stopped delivering parcels the day after big football matches etc....

4 hours ago, Mark J said:

Nah, it's not, it's based on real data.  The point being, she was only over there to wind people up.  And take Ket. (alledgedly).

I think the reason people are getting fed up with political correctness is that it's so one sided..... White farmers are killed in places like South Africa and the media say very little about it. Katie Hopkins tells the truth about something and left wingers like you get hysterical....

#whitelivesmatter

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, matelot said:

Do you know how much a delivery driver earns? If you dont you cant really comment on how fair this "fine" is for taking a day off work...

We've all worked with people that take days off sick because they fancy a day in bed. You can't really run a delivery company if drivers take days off sick all the time.. We'd all be complaining if delivery companies stopped delivering parcels the day after big football matches etc....

£1.70/parcel, hundred drops a day would get a driver £170.

less the cost to pay the courier company for the van finance, fuel and insurance.

• Like 2

Yup. Pretty sick of it being impossible to be racist to whites in the political sphere.

I'd love to know how to find my white privilege. No where to be found when me and my dog where eating porridge with water and rice with ground oxo cubes sleeping on a damp futon whilst recovering from a broken spine. Where was my white privilege then??

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, matelot said:

I think the reason people are getting fed up with political correctness is that it's so one sided..... White farmers are killed in places like South Africa and the media say very little about it. Katie Hopkins tells the truth about something and left wingers like you get hysterical....

#whitelivesmatter

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/show/hate-thy-neighbor

Knuckledraggers of all colours.

#hatethyneighbour

Edited by Mark J