Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

oops,

I also intended to say, per Matelot's remarks about grass fed vis-a-vis corn fed beef(or mutton or whatever)

It must be taken cognisance of, that much pasture land and rough grazing are only suitable for growing grass, ergo grass fed meat, is the only way mankind can usefully gain sustenance from such acreages, i.e. via husbanded livestock. 

Ak loike bigg words!

I meant Boris - Felix , cos Skinner is so gobby , but in a better way than that fluffy haired tossr,  indeed if you exclude public school self-interesters , ranting idiots , lame ex-marxists , Parliment cou;d save the 3Billion refit of the Commons and be held in a PortaKabin and frankly the result Would be better . £3 billions ?? Oh yea , nice House but where are Our Marine landing force and its ships ????  K

12 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

Eggs you bastard, I taught you to climb!

Well, tried!

JRM is a very interesting man.

Certainly ferociously intelligent, and impressed me greatly with his honesty and directness when answering questions.

The 6 child thing doesn’t sit that well with me, I feel slightly guilty having 3 (but the last 2 were twins), but his stance on who is paying for them is pretty admirable.

He is a massive millionaire posho, but I can think of far worse people to lead the country.

If he was my MP he’d get my vote.

Intelligence seems to be somewhat underrated at the moment.

Tried to teach me how to climb!

I seem to remember the conversation going a bit like this:

Me, "what's the best way of getting up this tree then, Mark?"

You, "Go get a ladder"

After that all I can remember is you lot laughing at me whilst I dangled about like a trussed up turkey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If you vote for a Tory you're deluded unless you happen to own a few estates and have a penchant for shouting loudly on horseback,  As for Rees Mogg?  'Kin hell, you couldn't make a more bigoted 18th century charicature of a man if you'd tried.  Pip pip etc...

• Sad 2

Bollocks to the above twaddle.

A very miniscule %age of Conservative voters fit your description Mark.

Most Conservative voters, work for a living, own their own homes, and wish to pass on some of their carefully and legitimately accrued wealth to their offspring, as opposed to pissing it up against a wall during their lifetimes.

On the other hand the supporters of the leftest politics of greed and envy, wish to grab this accrued wealth, so they can give it to their voters, to piss up against a wall, in exchange for voting Labour.

Simplistically put, but absolutely true.

Why should one not be able to leave legitimately earned and saved and prudently invested wealth to the next generation?

I can perhaps reluctantly accept the case for swingeing death duties way back in the 20's and 30's, to break up the large estates that had been "gifted" by the Crown down through the years, and then handed down within these fortunate families. 

But times have changed.

mth

P.S

To add;

I dont ride a horse

I do shout loudly, being used to communicating outdoors in all weathers.

We dont yet own any estates, neither the suburban housing development type, nor indeed, more sadly the proper Country type, but perhaps one of our offspring can leverage these feats off our financial headstart.

Fingers crossed.

PPS

We do got proper English Bulldogs though, I suspect wor daughter is going to breed a suitably refined line for the forthcoming Country Estate!

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, difflock said:

Bollocks to the above twaddle.

A very miniscule %age of Conservative voters fit your description Mark.

Most Conservative voters, work for a living, own their own homes, and wish to pass on some of their carefully and legitimately accrued wealth to their offspring, as opposed to pissing it up against a wall during their lifetimes.

On the other hand the supporters of the leftest politics of greed and envy, wish to grab this accrued wealth, so they can give it to their voters, to piss up against a wall, in exchange for voting Labour.

Simplistically put, but absolutely true.

Why should one not be able to leave legitimately earned and saved and prudently invested wealth to the next generation?

I can perhaps reluctantly accept the case for swingeing death duties way back in the 20's and 30's, to break up the large estates that had been "gifted" by the Crown down through the years, and then handed down within these fortunate families. 

But times have changed.

mth

Do you agree with Rees Moggs views on abortion and of pregnancy through rape?    If you do, then this may be a struggle but I'll try.  If you don't, then how can you possibly align yourself with someone who thinks the way he does?  Genuine question.

48 minutes ago, Mark J said:

If you vote for a Tory you're deluded unless you happen to own a few estates and have a penchant for shouting loudly on horseback,  As for Rees Mogg?  'Kin hell, you couldn't make a more bigoted 18th century charicature of a man if you'd tried.  Pip pip etc...

Yes your guy is a real star 9_9

corbyn.jpg

• Like 1