Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

5 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Who would you favour?

That's a really difficult one as the political class very rarely talk about the issues that are most important to me.

Environmental sustainability

True wellbeing over financial prosperity

Truly secular political discourse

Long term thinking based on science and reason.

Anyone focussing on these things will not get elected because when you boil it down, what the voting public really cares about is how much money they have. We elect the people who promise us the most financial reward and the least amount of sacrifice.

Cameron was making some interesting noises at the start of his reign but then completely lost the plot.

Last election I voted Green. With the hopes and desires I have personally, I was left with no other choice.

I was just wondering the same, who could possibly make a decent PM?

I've never been that politically aware as to do so takes so much time, not just looking at policies but also individual mp's beliefs and general behavior. So hats of to those of you that do take the time to get involved try to make an improvement.

3 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

I was just wondering the same, who could possibly make a decent PM?

I've never been that politically aware as to do so takes so much time, not just looking at policies but also individual mp's beliefs and general behavior. So hats of to those of you that do take the time to get involved try to make an improvement.

The people we put into power are a reflection of ourselves. We think about who will make us happiest and vote accordingly. 

It is quite telling that the people we elect very rarely improve our happiness once they start doing their thing.

Are we wrong about the things that really make us happy?

It could be worth taking a step back and letting your brain loose on this. If we can realise what truly brings us contentment and our thoughts and behaviour adjust accordingly, politicians will have to change their rhetoric and policies to get into power. We then might see some truly beneficial changes that really make us 'better off'.

It all stems from us, the individual.

TVI. (Skipping through the daisies):)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

The people we put into power are a reflection of ourselves. We think about who will make us happiest and vote accordingly. 

It's become increasingly clear that the political classes aren't a "reflection" of us. The average politician is an ex public schoolboy that has only been in a council house as part of a photo opportunity. You really think that politicians reflects the average British voter regarding things like third world immigration and the EU?

As for Labour... Well I can't think of another political party that has absolutedly sold out their core electorate. Labour was set up to look after the working classes. Modern Labour is all about taking jobs and houses from the British working classes to give to migrants...

19 Prime Ministers have went to Eton.... 

46 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

That's a really difficult one as the political class very rarely talk about the issues that are most important to me.

Environmental sustainability

True wellbeing over financial prosperity

Truly secular political discourse

Long term thinking based on science and reason.

image.thumb.png.1a25ccd5d178d31be07a38b98d2bcf66.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1