Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Sorry, my American wife told me Clinton did get impeached, but because he never inhaled his impeachment he didn’t get removed from Office.
Apparently it has something to do with what the definition of “is” is. [emoji41]

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TIMON said:

Richard Branson our moral guardian eh?! What would we do without him. Sat on his private island telling us what to think...... thank you so much Richard.

Apparently now in the US you can be diagnosed for psychiatric illnesses without being examined in person. For example if you are the POTUS and people don’t like your policies (and hairstyle) ‘progressive’ psychiatrists can accurately diagnose you from your tv appearances, policy decisions and twitter feed.
A ‘leading’ Harvard psychiatrist has recommended Trump is involuntarily committed to an institution.
Amazing what modern psychiatry is able to do......

Yeah it's beyond disgusting really. 

10 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

Moving on, billionaire Richard Branson bans The Daily Mail from Virgin trains for ‘moral’ reasons.

Didn’t you just sue the NHS, Richard?

So thats only anti Brexit rags on his trains now, how very convenient :sneaky2: 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

Did Trump say what most of think?

Of course he did.

Should he have said it?

Of course he shouldn’t.

He said it in a private meeting... We've all said stuff in private that is not politically correct.... I bet every single politican has said similar in private. This is just another example of the media war on Trump.

What type of society have we become where telling the truth has become controversial?

• Like 3

Those countries are "shit holes" fact. 

That they are populated by blacks is an unfortunate fact but doesn't make anything he said racist.

I detest CNN with a passion. When I go to the philipines to see my mrs family CNN is on in all the airports and hotels over there. It disgusts me that that utter tripe is force fed to people around the world. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, matelot said:

He said it in a private meeting... We've all said stuff in private that is not politically correct.... I bet every single politican has said similar in private. This is just another example of the media war on Trump.

What type of society have we become where telling the truth has become controversial?

There is a very, very big difference between you and I and the POTUS.

What you or I say in private or on a forum such as this has next to no immediate influence on the world. What the president says privately or publicly (he was in a meeting with other polititians when he said these things) matters a huge amount.

Trump seems incapable of moderating his language, and incapable of seeing the need to. This is one of the main reasons why he is not fit to hold the position he does.

There is also the fact that Trump's branding of these countries is not a truth claim. It is a blanket opinion that makes no sense when you break things down to specifics.

You also (rightly in my opinion) consider that telling the truth is important for society. Why does it not worry you that Trump is a proven compulsive liar? Many Trump supporters seem to think that this is OK, or even that it somehow makes him an even better person. This is crazy when you consider how much power he has. People are being swept along by the show and are not stopping to think. It is terrifying.

• Like 2