Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Another of your pet concerns Timon..

I have a grand project in mind Timon, that one day we and Iran ally ourselves against the extremists of Sunni Islam..  We need to keep them on board..  Iran isn't the enemy you think they are..  Much like america with republicans and democrats, Iran is riven by the forces that animate american politics..   The Democrats in their country will one day rule the roost, much of their population is under thirty, they won't be held back forever..  strategic patience is needed, not revolution...  

One of my pet concerns.... haha
more tea vicar?

4 hours ago, Vespasian said:

I think you mean theres a lot of scientists who now think the Universe didn't have a cause.. I'm of the same opinion myself..

Thats not to say it was created by an outside cause though is it?..   its cause is contained within itself...  

No what I originally said. 

Everything has a cause.

I've been watching the Channel 4 news. First of all they were talking about Trump calling some countries a naughty name. Then it was Trump not getting invited to London to open an embassy. Now it's a film about President Nixon and how nasty Trump is.

The media seem to have a strange infatuation with Trump.

Just been down my local. Found myself sitting next to a woman at the bar who I have known for a very long time, but not having much to talk about..drinking our pints of stout (Ireland) in silence, watching the news, silly horse racing etc...then the Trump tweets "story" comes on, and she essentially asks what I think about him. I had to play my cards carefully at this juncture, as I was pretty sure so was anti Trump. Long story short, she's a supporter! Great long chat, put the world to rights. More people on the Trump Train than I thought. 

• Like 3

Richard Branson our moral guardian eh?! What would we do without him. Sat on his private island telling us what to think...... thank you so much Richard.

Apparently now in the US you can be diagnosed for psychiatric illnesses without being examined in person. For example if you are the POTUS and people don’t like your policies (and hairstyle) ‘progressive’ psychiatrists can accurately diagnose you from your tv appearances, policy decisions and twitter feed.
A ‘leading’ Harvard psychiatrist has recommended Trump is involuntarily committed to an institution.
Amazing what modern psychiatry is able to do......

• Like 2